Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Christmas

  • Kent Hallsten
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
      dullhawk,
      Are you a member of a local city club in OKC? I would like to check one out and find places to go.
      I called the Parks dept. today and asked if they had any rules about Metal Detecting in the parks, and the girl said " no, but digging is not allowed, so that kind of defeats the purpose." I thought parks were open. I would think the digging law was meant for BIG holes, not small holes we dig. Do you have any suggestions? I'm really eager to get out when it's warm, even in January.
      Kent

      dullhawk <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Merry Christmas everyone! I hope Santa brings you lots of treasure
      hunting gear this year. Be sure to post some pics of all those great
      presents.

      dullhawk

    • dullhawk
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 31, 2002
        Naw, I'm down here in south central Oklahoma on the Red River/Lake
        Texoma area. I like relic hunting more than coin shooting. The
        beaches and local swimming/fishing holes are good places to hunt
        this time of year. Digging is usually permitted in these places.
        Also ask permission to hunt on local church lawns. Another excellant
        place to hunt this time of year is under the bleachers at local
        football fields (don't forget around the concession stands). We find
        lots of coins and jewelry in these places plus childrens toys (kids
        love to play under these things for some reason. Be sure to ask the
        grounds keepers before going. There are lots of great places to hunt
        but always ask permission first. Most people are receptive to let
        you hunt as long as you don't leave a mess of their yard. Many
        people are unaware of the "history" of their homes and are sometimes
        quite excited about having a house worthy of a hunt. So don't be
        afraid to ask, all they can do is tell you no. I hope you have a lot
        of luck!!!

        dullhawk

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, Kent Hallsten
        <pietbuilder@y...> wrote:

        > dullhawk,
        > Are you a member of a local city club in OKC? I would like to
        check one out and find places to go.
        > I called the Parks dept. today and asked if they had any rules
        about Metal Detecting in the parks, and the girl said " no, but
        digging is not allowed, so that kind of defeats the purpose." I
        thought parks were open. I would think the digging law was meant for
        BIG holes, not small holes we dig. Do you have any suggestions?
        I'm really eager to get out when it's warm, even in January.
        > Kent
        >
        > dullhawk <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Merry Christmas
        everyone! I hope Santa brings you lots of treasure
        > hunting gear this year. Be sure to post some pics of all those
        great
        > presents.
        >
        > dullhawk

        Service.