Re: Gold Panning

  • oklahomametaldetectingclub-owner@yahoogro
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
      I've never panned either, I have seen where the GPAA has an outing on the Kiamichi river in Antlers Ok. I mostly metal detect for coins and relics and never really got into panning, but it does sound interesting.

      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craighitchcock@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone panned for gold in Oklahoma? I am trying to figure out several locations to check. I know of some but wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
      > Thanks,
      > Craig Hitchcock
      > Norman, OK

    • dpdave38
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
        I guess I am a ring and coin hunter mostly. I live on Lake Texoma and do a lot of beach hunting. Been over to the Kiamichi river one year with my under water detector, but didn't find anything.

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, oklahomametaldetectingclub-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > I've never panned either, I have seen where the GPAA has an outing on the Kiamichi river in Antlers Ok. I mostly metal detect for coins and relics and never really got into panning, but it does sound interesting.
        >
        > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craighitchcock@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Has anyone panned for gold in Oklahoma? I am trying to figure out several locations to check. I know of some but wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
        > > Thanks,
        > > Craig Hitchcock
        > > Norman, OK

      • Amy Foster
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
          We have panned at K-River Campground in Oklahoma. It is a nice place.

        • Frogf Art
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
            --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craighitchcock@...> wrote:

            > Has anyone panned for gold in Oklahoma? I am trying to figure out several locations to check. I know of some but wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
            > Thanks,
            > Craig Hitchcock
            > Norman, OK

            You might try the Blue River down by Tishomingo, OK. I have seen people panning there. I don't know if they found anything.
          • Frogf Art
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 3, 2011
              --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Frogf Art" <wright4735@...> wrote:

              > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craighitchcock@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Has anyone panned for gold in Oklahoma? I am trying to figure out several locations to check. I know of some but wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
              > > Thanks,
              > > Craig Hitchcock
              > > Norman, OK
              > >

              > You might try the Blue River down by Tishomingo, OK. I have seen people panning there. I don't know if they found anything.

              I'm sorry, it wasn't the Blue River, but rather Pennington Creek by Tishomingo.

            • Craig Hitchcock
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 3, 2011
                Thanks for all of the information I receive on panning in Oklahoma. I'll give it all a shot.
                -Craig