Re: Gold Panning

  • dpdave38
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
      Craig, I have never done any Gold Panning. They make it look like a blast on TV though. I have heard they do some panning in the Kiamichi river in Eastern OKla.

      Good Luck,

      Dpdave38

    • oklahomametaldetectingclub-owner@yahoogro
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
        I've never panned either, I have seen where the GPAA has an outing on the Kiamichi river in Antlers Ok. I mostly metal detect for coins and relics and never really got into panning, but it does sound interesting.

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craighitchcock@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone panned for gold in Oklahoma? I am trying to figure out several locations to check. I know of some but wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
        > Thanks,
        > Craig Hitchcock
        > Norman, OK

      • dpdave38
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
          I guess I am a ring and coin hunter mostly. I live on Lake Texoma and do a lot of beach hunting. Been over to the Kiamichi river one year with my under water detector, but didn't find anything.

          --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, oklahomametaldetectingclub-owner@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > I've never panned either, I have seen where the GPAA has an outing on the Kiamichi river in Antlers Ok. I mostly metal detect for coins and relics and never really got into panning, but it does sound interesting.
          >
          > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craighitchcock@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Has anyone panned for gold in Oklahoma? I am trying to figure out several locations to check. I know of some but wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
          > > Thanks,
          > > Craig Hitchcock
          > > Norman, OK

        • Amy Foster
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
            We have panned at K-River Campground in Oklahoma. It is a nice place.

          • Frogf Art
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
              --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craighitchcock@...> wrote:

              > Has anyone panned for gold in Oklahoma? I am trying to figure out several locations to check. I know of some but wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
              > Thanks,
              > Craig Hitchcock
              > Norman, OK

              You might try the Blue River down by Tishomingo, OK. I have seen people panning there. I don't know if they found anything.
            • Frogf Art
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 3, 2011
                --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Frogf Art" <wright4735@...> wrote:

                > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craighitchcock@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Has anyone panned for gold in Oklahoma? I am trying to figure out several locations to check. I know of some but wanted to see what everyone else thinks.
                > > Thanks,
                > > Craig Hitchcock
                > > Norman, OK
                > >

                > You might try the Blue River down by Tishomingo, OK. I have seen people panning there. I don't know if they found anything.

                I'm sorry, it wasn't the Blue River, but rather Pennington Creek by Tishomingo.

              • Craig Hitchcock
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 3, 2011
                  Thanks for all of the information I receive on panning in Oklahoma. I'll give it all a shot.
                  -Craig