Back on board!!

  • leyrerwa
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
      Greetings,

      I just got back on the group site after being away for a bit.

      Now that the warmer weather is finally here, I'm looking forward to getting out there into discovery land.

      I sold my XLT some time back to a guy (a newlywed) in Michigan who lost his new wedding ring at the edge of a lake! Don't know if he ever found it.

      I just ordered a replacement detector and I'm anxious to get back in the hunt. It should be here next week.

      If anyone hunts the southwest portion of the state I'd love to hook up and tag along. Oh, I live in Duncan, about 25 mile east of Lawton.

      I'm also open to any club gatherings coming up. Admittedly, it doesn't look as though the site has been overly active.

      Bill
    • m nelson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
        no one posts on here very much. I live in Berryhill, but am currently working in Abu Dhabi and living in Dubai. all I find here is car keys and MILLIONS of pull tabs, the cans of pop and juice all still come with pull tabs over here, so there ya go! good hunting.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
          Greetings,

          Thanks for the response.

          It’s amazing that the only response received is from thousands of miles away!

          Well, there we see the power of the internet in action.

          Hang in there and keep “plugging” away,

          Bill L.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
            Sorry! Been working with grade school kids all day....ARGH!!!!!!:( Rather go treasure hunting but it is hot out there. I would think that the area around Dubai would be good hunting. Watch out for land mines though.;( I have some questions about hunting in Oklahoma south of the Norman area and Rattle Snake Gulch or canyon  (west of Altus). Eventually when I have more time I would like to find others that might be interested in looking for several of the old gold and silver mines south of Norman and in the Arbuckle Mountains. It would be a fun outing.
            -Craig

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
              Greetings Craig,

              When you find the time let me know.

              If the timing is good I’d be happy to join in the fun.

              Bill L.