Pioneer Days Rally on the Brazos River in North Texas

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2010
      To all the treasure hunters, metal detectorists and gold prospectors in this group I would like to let everyone know that Bayou Bob is planning a Rally Event at his Rivercrest Resort located on the Brazos River about 24 miles west of Weatherford, Texas. We had an early rally last year in May and unfortunately a thunderstorm blew all the vendor tents into the sky.
      So the event has a preliminary date of June 19th so we have warmer and more stable weather.
      There is gold in the Brazos River along with relects from wagon trains crossing the river. After flooding there have been old swords, wagon pieces and other 1800's era artifacts found on the surface of sand bars. The gold is in the sand and toward bedrock but it can be found.

      The plan is leaning toward having a Pioneer theme with chuck wagons, gunfights, guys on horseback, cook-out, hopefully live music and for those like us....places to detect and/or prospect for gold, rockhounding and just swimming and enjoying the weekend.

      I will be operating my four inch triple sluice dredge in the river along with others who bring their equipment to this event.

      There is a place to set up an RV with full-hookups or dry camp. Portable potty's will be available and hopefully several portable shower facilities as well. All planning is just getting started so we need a show of interest of people who may be interested in a weekend of fun on the Brazos River.

      Please let me know so I can pass the info on to Bayou Bob. Replying to this email is fine but if you wish to call then I can be contacted at 940-395-5051.

      Hope to see you there,
      Ron Newby
      Grey Wolf Prospecting & Mining Equip
    • vicki smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2010
        sounds interesting-send more info when available

        Vicki Lunsford Smith

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
          would love to attend but I am stuck in the middle east. maybe next year.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
            Sounds great, any idea on the cost , per person, couple etc. Thanks Markus

            _____

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
              Hi Marcus,
              The owner didnot mention the costs so I emailed him for some quotes. When he gets back to me I will post them on the group site.

              Ron