Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] which one should I get?

  • Joel Ray Harris
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
      Thanks i haven't completely ruled that one out of the race. If you could tell me why you might think it's better deal than the other two?

      Ray

      From: joelrayharris57 <joelrayharris57@ yahoo.com>
      To: oklahomametaldetect ingclub@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 10:12 PM

      whites prim II or bounty hunter lone starr?

    • Earl Welsh
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
        What is your experience?  I received the ACE about 2 years ago. I don't spend as much time as I would like hunting, so for the price it was a the best one for me. I feel if I had invested in an expensive one I would have to get out more not for fun but for the amount of money spent. It does what is suppose to due, and I am more than satified with it. Where in Oklahoma are you?

        Thanks i haven't completely ruled that one out of the race. If you could tell me why you might think it's better deal than the other two?

        Ray

        I am surprised no one has responded. I have the ACE 250 so I am unable to assist you.

        whites prim II or bounty hunter lone starr?

      • dawgman1ok
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
          --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "joelrayharris57" <joelrayharris57@...> wrote:

          > whites prim II or bounty hunter lone starr?

          I have read that the Bounty Hunter has quality issues.The Whites is ok I guess.I would check out the Tesoro Silver Sabre or Cibola.They don't have a target I.D.but Tesoro has used their engineering on building a better box.They just seem to find deep targets better.
        • Buck Rogers
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
            If it were me I would get the whites......Buck Rogers
            --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawgman1ok"

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
              http://www.tesoro.com/%c2%a0
              this is more in my price range. thanks
              Ray

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                leaning heavy toward the pizm II. Why do you say that?

                Ray

                <dawgman1ok@ ...> wrote:

                > --- In oklahomametaldetect ingclub@yahoogro ups.com, "joelrayharris57"
                joelrayharris57@ wrote:

                > > whites prim II or bounty hunter lone starr?
                > >
                > I have read that the Bounty Hunter has quality issues.The Whites is ok
                I guess.I would check out the Tesoro Silver Sabre or Cibola.They don't
                have a target I.D.but Tesoro has used their engineering on building a
                better box.They just seem to find deep targets better.

              • Jimmie Cash
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                  I have a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 that was a scractch and dent from Kelly Co for 199 (Normal 299)  Works good for me.  The cardboard box was supposed to be damaged, I can't see it, like new.

                  http://www.kellycodetectors.com/preowned/scratchdent.htm

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                    http://www.tesoro.com/product/detectors/compadre/
                    sorry this is the link i ment to send
                    Ray

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                      that looks like a good choice one of the features i like the lone Starr was pin point mode and bounty hunter accessories seem to be lower price to. thanks
                      Ray

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                        which one bounty hunter pioneer 505 or whites prizm II

                        Ray

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                          Ive been useing detectors since the Late 1960's. Whites last a long
                          time. I have a whites eagle 2 I bought in 88 it is still a great
                          machine. I also own Tesoro and Garretts. I dont own a bounty hunter
                          but have in the past...Buck

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 2, 2009
                            thanks all for the information and advice it is greatly appreciated and very useful in helping with my decision.I would like to hear more I think your,e a great bunch

                            Ray