Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] which one should I get?

  • Earl Welsh
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
      I am surprised no one has reponded. I have the ACE 250 so I am unable to assist you.

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
        Thanks i haven't completely ruled that one out of the race. If you could tell me why you might think it's better deal than the other two?

        Ray

        I am surprised no one has responded. I have the ACE 250 so I am unable to assist you.

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
          What is your experience?  I received the ACE about 2 years ago. I don't spend as much time as I would like hunting, so for the price it was a the best one for me. I feel if I had invested in an expensive one I would have to get out more not for fun but for the amount of money spent. It does what is suppose to due, and I am more than satified with it. Where in Oklahoma are you?

          Thanks i haven't completely ruled that one out of the race. If you could tell me why you might think it's better deal than the other two?

          Ray

          I am surprised no one has responded. I have the ACE 250 so I am unable to assist you.

          whites prim II or bounty hunter lone starr?

        • dawgman1ok
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
            --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "joelrayharris57" <joelrayharris57@...> wrote:

            > whites prim II or bounty hunter lone starr?

            I have read that the Bounty Hunter has quality issues.The Whites is ok I guess.I would check out the Tesoro Silver Sabre or Cibola.They don't have a target I.D.but Tesoro has used their engineering on building a better box.They just seem to find deep targets better.
          • Buck Rogers
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
              If it were me I would get the whites......Buck Rogers
              --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawgman1ok"
              <dawgman1ok@...> wrote:

              > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "joelrayharris57"
              joelrayharris57@ wrote:

              > > whites prim II or bounty hunter lone starr?
              > >
              > I have read that the Bounty Hunter has quality issues.The Whites is ok
              I guess.I would check out the Tesoro Silver Sabre or Cibola.They don't
              have a target I.D.but Tesoro has used their engineering on building a
              better box.They just seem to find deep targets better.

            • Joel Ray Harris
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                http://www.tesoro.com/%c2%a0
                this is more in my price range. thanks
                Ray

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                  leaning heavy toward the pizm II. Why do you say that?

                  Ray

                  <dawgman1ok@ ...> wrote:

                  > --- In oklahomametaldetect ingclub@yahoogro ups.com, "joelrayharris57"
                  joelrayharris57@ wrote:

                  > > whites prim II or bounty hunter lone starr?
                  > >
                  > I have read that the Bounty Hunter has quality issues.The Whites is ok
                  I guess.I would check out the Tesoro Silver Sabre or Cibola.They don't
                  have a target I.D.but Tesoro has used their engineering on building a
                  better box.They just seem to find deep targets better.

                • Jimmie Cash
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                    I have a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 that was a scractch and dent from Kelly Co for 199 (Normal 299)  Works good for me.  The cardboard box was supposed to be damaged, I can't see it, like new.

                    http://www.kellycodetectors.com/preowned/scratchdent.htm

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                      http://www.tesoro.com/product/detectors/compadre/
                      sorry this is the link i ment to send
                      Ray

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                        that looks like a good choice one of the features i like the lone Starr was pin point mode and bounty hunter accessories seem to be lower price to. thanks
                        Ray

                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                          which one bounty hunter pioneer 505 or whites prizm II

                          Ray

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 1, 2009
                            Ive been useing detectors since the Late 1960's. Whites last a long
                            time. I have a whites eagle 2 I bought in 88 it is still a great
                            machine. I also own Tesoro and Garretts. I dont own a bounty hunter
                            but have in the past...Buck

                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 2, 2009
                              thanks all for the information and advice it is greatly appreciated and very useful in helping with my decision.I would like to hear more I think your,e a great bunch

                              Ray