Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Found time to go do some hunting again

  • Kenneth Huddleston
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2009
      Congrats on the finds David !!!!!   Kenneth

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2009
        Congrats..I am here in the UAE in Dubai, you would think I would be rolling in gold. They still use the pull tab for pops over here. I have found my weight in pull tabs. ohh yah, and double my weight in 4"-6" pieces of rusty old re-bar. I have found a number of keys to cars and houses though, one was a set to a very expensive car, the keys are now on my shelf.
        Mike.

        Congrats on the finds David !!!!!   Kenneth

        ____________ _________ _________ __
        I finally found some time to go out and try my luck again. Found 27 coins all clad and several ear rings, 1 bracelet and a small gold ring. All this was found with my Tesoro Tiger Shark underwater detector in a local lake. I have added a photo to my album named dpdave38.

        Good hunting to all,

        David

      • Ron Newby
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 1, 2009
          Hi Mike
          Have you looked for meteorites? Last year a guy from Arizona
          Found over a million bucks worth in one month.

          Ron

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 1, 2009
            I usually just go to the beach here in Dubai, I hunted all over the place in Tulsa. This is just one big sand pit here in the middle east. I wouldn't have a clue where to look in the desert, and it's usually 115* - 125* and 100% humidity here so I don't stay out long unless It's in the evening.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 3, 2009
              Does anyone know the laws for detecting lakes here in Oklahoma?  Your help would be appreciated !!!!  Kenneth

              ________________________________
              I finally found some time to go out and try my luck again. Found 27 coins all clad and several ear rings, 1 bracelet and a small gold ring. All this was found with my Tesoro Tiger Shark underwater detector in a local lake. I have added a photo to my album named dpdave38.

              Good hunting to all,

              David

            • Earl Welsh
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 3, 2009
                Need a permit for Lake Thunderbird, and you can only hunt a couple of areas but it is still worth the 5 or dollars.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 7, 2009
                  Hi Earl !!!  Where is Lake Thunderbird located? People tell me that the corps of engineers controll the lakes here in Oklahoma and I just dont want to get a fine and my medal detecter confiscated , Ya know ? Thanks again , Kenneth H.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 7, 2009
                    It is just east of Norman approx 15 miles.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 7, 2009
                      Thanks Earl . Gonna go check it out !!! Kenneth H.

[...]

                    • Sharon & David LeVine
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 8, 2009
                        our treasure hunters club has meets there and they do a water hunt and they throw out money in the water sometimes you might fine a silver dime not sure were it's at on the lake i have never been to it there to far to drive. So keep hunting if you find a dime with a stamp number on it that's what it is also.
                        Sharon LeVine
                        http://sharonsfamilylife.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.lymphland.com/