Re: garrett metal detector

  • Buck Rogers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2009
      Its a good older machine. I owned a master hunter five for many years
      and wore it out. The only difference between the 5 and the 7 is the 5
      did not have the Bell tone on it, other than that the are the same
      machine. Set the dials to the little arrows on them and it will work
      fine for coins. I also have a grand master cx 2 and it has the bell
      tone on it ... I dont like the bell tone so never use that audio
      setting. It has the dual tone on it that is low for ferrous metal and
      high for non ferrous. And it has a regular audio that can be ajusted to
      a high pitch or low. The discrimination is pretty good but in a junkie
      area your gonna be fooled some but with practice you can tell better
      what ya dig ... junk sounds differant than a coin lots of the time. And
      also will read differant on the gauge go across it one way and it will
      read a coin and the other way some junk, where a coin pretty much stays
      the same. Years ago I hunted and let folks go with me from time to
      time. I would use the garretts and let the guest use my whited eagle 2
      which was a better detector than the garrett. And the end of the hunt I
      always had a lot more coins than the guest did. They would ask me why
      if they had the best detector I found more. My answer was they didnt
      pay attention to what there machine told them and spent all there time
      digging junk. Because they just had to know what it was....... Buck
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mare"