[Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Re: Rentals??

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
      Vanessa,

      just a couple more things:

      if you are looking for something that was purposely buried, it may be
      too deep for a detector to find. The detectors that we hobbyist's use
      are very limited on how deep they will detect a target. There are
      many factors to take into consideration when determining how deep a
      detector can find a target. Also, since you have not seen the
      property, if it's overgrown with brush or high grass, you will not be
      able to search the property without first clearing the search area of
      any obsticles that would prevent you from getting the search coil
      close to the ground. Just some things to consider. I hope you are
      successful with your search.

      Mike

      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "vhedrick88"
      <vhedrick@...> wrote:

      > I have no idea how deep the water is. Honestly I have never been
      out to the site. Its a
      > long story, if anyone knows the Granite/Lone Wolf/Hobart area let
      me know and I may be
      > able to give you more information on the situation. I am looking
      for several items. They
      > have no monetary value but have alot of significance to my family.
      To be honest I am not
      > sure if what I am looking for is in the water or just in the land
      around it. If someone can
      > help me out please let me know and I would be willing to give you
      more details. I just
      > dont want to post the information on a public board.
      >
      > Thank you all sooooo much you dont know how this will help my
      family.

      > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
      <mikem05@> wrote:

      > > Vanessa,
      > >
      > > the search coil will need to be next to the ground. Not
      necessarily
      > > touching the ground but very near it. The search coil will have
      > > pass over the target before the target can be seen by the
      detector.
      > > Most search coils can be submerged in water. The detector's
      controls
      > > cannot be submerged unless the detector is specifically made to
      be
      > > waterproof. Do you have any idea how deep the item is buried? I
      > > assume you're looking for lost piece of dropped jewelry. If so,
      the
      > > detector will find it if you know how to properly use your
      detector
      > > and you get the search coil over the target.
      > >
      > > Good Luck,
      > >
      > > Mike
      > >

      > > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, Vanessa
      Hedrick
      > > <vhedrick@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > That is an idea, I am needing to look in a wide open field and
      > > around a
      > > > pond/river. Basically I am looking for something specific in a
      > > specific
      > > > spot. The spot is not necessarily around the mountains so the
      > > mineral thing
      > > > should not be that big of a problem. I do have a somewhat
      stupid
      > > question,
      > > > if I am looking in water would I have to wade out in the water
      > > search? I
      > > > know that sounds stupid but I am not sure how deep the
      pond/river
      > > is. I
      > > > just didn¹t know how far the transmission would be if it would
      be
      > > possible
      > > > to stay on the bank and just point to the middle.....

      > > out my
      > > bring

      > > want to
      Quartz

    • soonermagic_06@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
        I'm in Mangum. I go to the lake all the time

> [...]

        > is. I
        > > just didn�t know how far the transmission would be if it would be
        > possible
        > > to stay on the bank and just point to the middle.....
        > >

        > > On 12/1/08 11:09 PM, "Larry" <lkillebrew1@> wrote:
        > >

        > > > you might consider inviting a couple of us, I would let you try
        > out my
        > > > Tesoro, might be a Whites or Garret owner out there that would
        > bring
        > > > their stuff along too.
        > > >
        > > > I will be in Altus for a couple of days around Christmas if you
        > want to
        > > > hunt some. I will tell you from my limited experience, the Quartz
        > Mtns
        > > > play heck with ground balance, the minerals vary widely in the
        > area,
        > > > depending on where you are in relation to river, lake, and mtns.

      • Ron Newby
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 3, 2008
          I may be able to help you with the detecting of the property.  I have several different Minelab detectors including a detector that is completely submersible so working the water is no problem nor is any ground balance concerns.  If you would like to contact me for some help my private email is golddigger@... .  Metal detecting is my business so I may be able to help you find what you are looking for in complete confidence.  Texas Ron