Re: I'm new and have a few questions

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
      Go see a dealer in Tulsa and test drive some different units. Your
      dealer will most likely be more knowledgeable about a variety of
      detectors. All the major brands make good detectors IMO.

      A for selling your scrap gold - Contact Midwest Refineries at
      midwestrefineries.com , they have been in business a long time and
      will treat you right. I've used them twice; no complaints.

      Mike

      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, charger mcclain
      <charger4242@...> wrote:

      > I am looking for my first metal detector. Later I plan on getting
      one for saltwater and sea sand. I would like to stay under $700 for
      my first one. Any suggestions?

      > I live in tulsa and am looking for an honest gold dealer to cash
      some gold in. Once again: any suggestions.

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
        I forgot to say: stay away from the detectors Radio Shack sells. They
        are junk, or at least they used to be.

        Mike

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
        <mikem05@...> wrote:

        > Go see a dealer in Tulsa and test drive some different units. Your
        > dealer will most likely be more knowledgeable about a variety of
        > detectors. All the major brands make good detectors IMO.
        >
        > A for selling your scrap gold - Contact Midwest Refineries at
        > midwestrefineries.com , they have been in business a long time and
        > will treat you right. I've used them twice; no complaints.
        >
        > Mike
        >
        > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, charger mcclain
        > <charger4242@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am looking for my first metal detector. Later I plan on getting
        > one for saltwater and sea sand. I would like to stay under $700 for
        > my first one. Any suggestions?
        > >
        > > I live in tulsa and am looking for an honest gold dealer to cash
        > some gold in. Once again: any suggestions.

      • dullhawk
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
          > I live in tulsa and am looking for an honest gold dealer to cash
          some gold in.

          Now is not the time to cash in your gold. With the economy the way it
          is, I would hold on to that. If our economy continues to collapse,
          that gold may be all that you have to barter with. Gold and silver is
          the safest bet right now.