Re: I'm new and have a few questions

  • chris
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2008
      on the detector issue, it depends on the price and the quality of the
      machine,and what u use it for!different brands have different claims on
      the discrimination!I do have a water machine a tesoro sand shark. it is
      ok but it picks up all metal and it does have a disc function but i
      don't think it helps!it retails for about $700 but i don't think it is
      worth it!go to a local dealer or look on the net for info!also check
      out kellyco detectors on the net and the major detector makers! i hope
      this helps! oh yea on the gold be careful since u only get paid for the
      total gold amount not the entire weight of the item again research the
      issue carefully to keep from being scammed! i hope this helps! chris
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
        Go see a dealer in Tulsa and test drive some different units. Your
        dealer will most likely be more knowledgeable about a variety of
        detectors. All the major brands make good detectors IMO.

        A for selling your scrap gold - Contact Midwest Refineries at
        midwestrefineries.com , they have been in business a long time and
        will treat you right. I've used them twice; no complaints.

        Mike

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, charger mcclain
        <charger4242@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for my first metal detector. Later I plan on getting
        one for saltwater and sea sand. I would like to stay under $700 for
        my first one. Any suggestions?

        > I live in tulsa and am looking for an honest gold dealer to cash
        some gold in. Once again: any suggestions.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
          I forgot to say: stay away from the detectors Radio Shack sells. They
          are junk, or at least they used to be.

          Mike

          --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Mike"
          <mikem05@...> wrote:

          > Go see a dealer in Tulsa and test drive some different units. Your
          > dealer will most likely be more knowledgeable about a variety of
          > detectors. All the major brands make good detectors IMO.
          >
          > A for selling your scrap gold - Contact Midwest Refineries at
          > midwestrefineries.com , they have been in business a long time and
          > will treat you right. I've used them twice; no complaints.
          >
          > Mike
          >
          > --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, charger mcclain
          > <charger4242@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am looking for my first metal detector. Later I plan on getting
          > one for saltwater and sea sand. I would like to stay under $700 for
          > my first one. Any suggestions?
          > >
          > > I live in tulsa and am looking for an honest gold dealer to cash
          > some gold in. Once again: any suggestions.

        • dullhawk
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2008
            > I live in tulsa and am looking for an honest gold dealer to cash
            some gold in.

            Now is not the time to cash in your gold. With the economy the way it
            is, I would hold on to that. If our economy continues to collapse,
            that gold may be all that you have to barter with. Gold and silver is
            the safest bet right now.