Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Help with a bottle ID

  • Sharon & David LeVine
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2008
      great find wish I could help you but don't know anything about bottles.
      Sharon LeVine
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 28, 2008
        Hi,

        Well you can learn a little by looking up the patent number on the
        U.S. Patent Office website. The bottle is patented to Carr-Lowery
        Glass CO., of Baltimore Maryland who made bottles for AVON and others.
        The company was later purchased by Anchor-Hocking.
        (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carr_Lowrey_Glass_Company.

        From the USPTO website, the patent (for the ornamental design of the
        bottle) was granted March 24, 1936.

        http://www.uspto.gov/go/taf/issuyear.htm

        http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm

        BTW, you have to install a special TIFF viewer to see the page images.

        Best,
        Adam Eastman

      • chris
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2008
          hey all ck out this neat site showing various finds from around the
          country it is pretty neat! regards Chris!

          www.greatestmetaldetectorists.com
        • Aaron Stensrud
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 28, 2008
            thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I will probably post a pic once I get it cleaned up.

            Well you can learn a little by looking up the patent number on the
            U.S. Patent Office website. The bottle is patented to Carr-Lowery
            Glass CO., of Baltimore Maryland who made bottles for AVON and others.
            The company was later purchased by Anchor-Hocking.
            (http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Carr_Lowrey_ Glass_Company.

            From the USPTO website, the patent (for the ornamental design of the