Help with a bottle ID

  • tribaldragon0576
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2008
      Hey all,

      Its been a while since I have been able to post,I recently took
      advantage of some construction here in Fayetteville, NC. While doing
      some detecting, I found a small rectangular bottle with the following
      markings on the bottom: a five in a circle, and Pat. D-99064. I tried
      looking it up, but the only thing I could find is at this link.
      (http://www.rubylane.com/shops/charlottewebcollectibles/item/RL00280)
      The bottle is the one on the lower left, but not in that nice of
      condition. I am trying to locate the manufacturer, or date of
      manufacture. If you can help, I would appreciate it.
    • Sharon & David LeVine

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2008
          Hi,

          Well you can learn a little by looking up the patent number on the
          U.S. Patent Office website. The bottle is patented to Carr-Lowery
          Glass CO., of Baltimore Maryland who made bottles for AVON and others.
          The company was later purchased by Anchor-Hocking.
          (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carr_Lowrey_Glass_Company.

          From the USPTO website, the patent (for the ornamental design of the
          bottle) was granted March 24, 1936.

          http://www.uspto.gov/go/taf/issuyear.htm

          http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.htm

          BTW, you have to install a special TIFF viewer to see the page images.

          Best,
          Adam Eastman

        • chris
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 28, 2008
            hey all ck out this neat site showing various finds from around the
            country it is pretty neat! regards Chris!

            www.greatestmetaldetectorists.com
          • Aaron Stensrud
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 28, 2008
              thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I will probably post a pic once I get it cleaned up.

              Well you can learn a little by looking up the patent number on the
              U.S. Patent Office website. The bottle is patented to Carr-Lowery
              Glass CO., of Baltimore Maryland who made bottles for AVON and others.
              The company was later purchased by Anchor-Hocking.
              (http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Carr_Lowrey_ Glass_Company.

              From the USPTO website, the patent (for the ornamental design of the