Rentals??

  • vhedrick88
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 18, 2008
      Does anyone know a good place to rent a metal detector? I only need it for a couple days but
      I havent found anyone in Oklahoma City or the surrounding areas to rent one.

      ANY ADVICE???

      Thanks
    • Tony
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 18, 2008
        Yes,
        Treasure Electronics
        2517 S Memorial Drive
        Tulsa OK
        800-233-7265
        918-663-0123
        Fax 918-663-3015

        This store is a Whites Dealer and carries some other units sometimes
        that he takes in as trades.Garrett, Fisher, Bounty, etc.
        It belongs to Randy Smith. He is a very nice guy and rents detectors
        all the time. Take Care,
        Tony Hennigan
        Bartlesville, OK

        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "vhedrick88"
        <vhedrick@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know a good place to rent a metal detector? I only
        need it for a couple days but
        > I havent found anyone in Oklahoma City or the surrounding areas to
        rent one.

        > ANY ADVICE???
        >
        > Thanks

      • vhedrick88
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 30, 2008
          Thanks for the advice. However I am looking to rent one in the OKC area. I need to go to an
          area around Granite OK so I would like to stay farther west.

          --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "vhedrick88" <vhedrick@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know a good place to rent a metal detector? I only need it for a couple days
          but
          > I havent found anyone in Oklahoma City or the surrounding areas to rent one.
          >

          > ANY ADVICE???
          >
          > Thanks

        • Larry
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1, 2008
            you might consider inviting a couple of us, I would let you try out my
            Tesoro, might be a Whites or Garret owner out there that would bring
            their stuff along too.

            I will be in Altus for a couple of days around Christmas if you want to
            hunt some. I will tell you from my limited experience, the Quartz Mtns
            play heck with ground balance, the minerals vary widely in the area,
            depending on where you are in relation to river, lake, and mtns.

            good luck.
            lk
          • Vanessa Hedrick
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
              That is an idea, I am needing to look in a wide open field and around a
              pond/river. Basically I am looking for something specific in a specific
              spot. The spot is not necessarily around the mountains so the mineral thing
              should not be that big of a problem. I do have a somewhat stupid question,
              if I am looking in water would I have to wade out in the water to search? I
              know that sounds stupid but I am not sure how deep the pond/river is. I
              just didn¹t know how far the transmission would be if it would be possible
              to stay on the bank and just point to the middle.....

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
                Vanessa,

                the search coil will need to be next to the ground. Not necessarily
                touching the ground but very near it. The search coil will have to
                pass over the target before the target can be seen by the detector.
                Most search coils can be submerged in water. The detector's controls
                cannot be submerged unless the detector is specifically made to be
                waterproof. Do you have any idea how deep the item is buried? I
                assume you're looking for lost piece of dropped jewelry. If so, the
                detector will find it if you know how to properly use your detector
                and you get the search coil over the target.

                Good Luck,

                Mike

                --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, Vanessa Hedrick
                <vhedrick@...> wrote:

                > That is an idea, I am needing to look in a wide open field and
                around a
                > pond/river. Basically I am looking for something specific in a
                specific
                > spot. The spot is not necessarily around the mountains so the
                mineral thing
                > should not be that big of a problem. I do have a somewhat stupid
                question,
                > if I am looking in water would I have to wade out in the water to
                search? I
                > know that sounds stupid but I am not sure how deep the pond/river
                is. I
                > just didn¹t know how far the transmission would be if it would be
                possible
                > to stay on the bank and just point to the middle.....
                >

                > On 12/1/08 11:09 PM, "Larry" <lkillebrew1@...> wrote:
                >

                > > you might consider inviting a couple of us, I would let you try
                out my
                > > Tesoro, might be a Whites or Garret owner out there that would
                bring
                > > their stuff along too.
                > >
                > > I will be in Altus for a couple of days around Christmas if you
                want to
                > > hunt some. I will tell you from my limited experience, the Quartz
                Mtns
                > > play heck with ground balance, the minerals vary widely in the
                area,
                > > depending on where you are in relation to river, lake, and mtns.
                > >
                > > good luck.
                > > lk

              • vhedrick88
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
                  I have no idea how deep the water is. Honestly I have never been out to the site. Its a
                  long story, if anyone knows the Granite/Lone Wolf/Hobart area let me know and I may be
                  able to give you more information on the situation. I am looking for several items. They
                  have no monetary value but have alot of significance to my family. To be honest I am not
                  sure if what I am looking for is in the water or just in the land around it. If someone can
                  help me out please let me know and I would be willing to give you more details. I just
                  dont want to post the information on a public board.

                  Thank you all sooooo much you dont know how this will help my family.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
                    Vanessa,

                    just a couple more things:

                    if you are looking for something that was purposely buried, it may be
                    too deep for a detector to find. The detectors that we hobbyist's use
                    are very limited on how deep they will detect a target. There are
                    many factors to take into consideration when determining how deep a
                    detector can find a target. Also, since you have not seen the
                    property, if it's overgrown with brush or high grass, you will not be
                    able to search the property without first clearing the search area of
                    any obsticles that would prevent you from getting the search coil
                    close to the ground. Just some things to consider. I hope you are
                    successful with your search.

                    Mike

                  • soonermagic_06@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 2, 2008
                      I'm in Mangum. I go to the lake all the time

> [...]

                      > is. I
                      > > just didn�t know how far the transmission would be if it would be
                      > possible
                      > > to stay on the bank and just point to the middle.....
                      > >

                      > > On 12/1/08 11:09 PM, "Larry" <lkillebrew1@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > you might consider inviting a couple of us, I would let you try
                      > out my
                      > > > Tesoro, might be a Whites or Garret owner out there that would
                      > bring
                      > > > their stuff along too.
                      > > >
                      > > > I will be in Altus for a couple of days around Christmas if you
                      > want to
                      > > > hunt some. I will tell you from my limited experience, the Quartz
                      > Mtns
                      > > > play heck with ground balance, the minerals vary widely in the
                      > area,
                      > > > depending on where you are in relation to river, lake, and mtns.

                    • Ron Newby
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 3, 2008
                        I may be able to help you with the detecting of the property.  I have several different Minelab detectors including a detector that is completely submersible so working the water is no problem nor is any ground balance concerns.  If you would like to contact me for some help my private email is golddigger@... .  Metal detecting is my business so I may be able to help you find what you are looking for in complete confidence.  Texas Ron