newbee need some info

  • jeffers.bobby
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2008
      I'm looking to start metal detecting with the kids. Need to know some
      info on detectors could you help me. I'm looking for 1 to get stated.
      is the bounty hunter models good for the price or junk. What kind
      should I look for to be lower priced but still good. THANK YOU FOR
      THE HELP PLEASE BOBBY
    • Joseph Tyleshevski
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2008
        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "jeffers.bobby"
        <jeffers.bobby@...> wrote:

        > I'm looking to start metal detecting with the kids. Need to know some
        > info on detectors could you help me. I'm looking for 1 to get stated.
        > is the bounty hunter models good for the price or junk. What kind
        > should I look for to be lower priced but still good. THANK YOU FOR
        > THE HELP PLEASE BOBBY

        I would recommend to call Waynes metal detectors. Thats where I got
        mine. He was very helpful. They are in the phone book. South Oklahoma
        City.
        Jay
      • chris
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
          hey bobby u mite ck out kellyco on the web also ck the local detector
          shop for advice and info! it just depends on the amt u want to spend
          and what u use the machine for? people have different opinions on
          various makers but i would reccomend a small tesoro just for coin
          shooting! but again it depends on what u want to hunt for and the price!
          don't go to a shop or a store online and buy the most expensive machine
          with too many options! most of the extra stuff u never need or use!also
          ck out sites on the net just type in metal detector and youll get a
          list of pages to visit! hope this helps! best of luck chris!