Southwest Oklahoma

  • soonermagic_06
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
      Anyone in the southwest oklahoma area? I'm looking for some people to
      go out and do some searching on a few of the area rivers and out in
      Devil's Canyon.
    • soonermagic_06
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
        Anyone in the southwest oklahoma area? I'm looking for some people to
        go out and do some searching on a few of the area rivers and out in
        Devil's Canyon.
      • Joseph Tyleshevski
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
          --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "soonermagic_06"
          <soonermagic_06@...> wrote:

          > Anyone in the southwest oklahoma area? I'm looking for some people to
          > go out and do some searching on a few of the area rivers and out in
          > Devil's Canyon.

          I wouldn't mind driving down there. Im in okc.
        • wmj68
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
            Where is Devil's canyon?? I live in weatherford.

            <soonermagic_06@...> wrote:

            > Anyone in the southwest oklahoma area? I'm looking for some people to
            > go out and do some searching on a few of the area rivers and out in
            > Devil's Canyon.

          • Michael Sanders
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
              <soonermagic_06@...> wrote:
              > Well I'm Down here in Cartwright on the red river.
              > Anyone in the southwest oklahoma area? I'm looking for some people to
              > go out and do some searching on a few of the area rivers and out in
              > Devil's Canyon.

            • Larry
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
                I was invited to hike Devils Canyon by landowning family, 30 yrs ago.
                It is my understanding that artifact/treasure hunters are not welcome.
                I doubt that has changed. I am under the impression that only
                archeologist, geologist, or other -ologists are allowed in when
                studying the area for the advancement of science.

                pretty much off limits and posted for folks nosing around.

                Being a landowner, I have a deep and abidinhg respect landowners.

                Who knows, things may have changed. If you get permission let us know.

                A real neat find would be the location of the first Camp Radziminski
                somewhere north of Tipton on Otter Creek. Lots of 1850ish military
                activity based from there, and! lots of Comanche/Kiowa hunting ground
                area, plus mostly sand so easy digging.

                The actual Doans Crossing location on the Red might be an interesting
                hunt/hike, heavily travelled at the end of the Cattle Drives, headed to
                Dodge KS.

                The site of Warren Wagon train massacre might be interesting to look
                for as well.

                lots of good stuff out there, not enough time to play.
                LK