My Adventurer came out again

  • Victoria Sears
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1 1:56 PM
      This weekend I convinced my husband to go walking with me out in the
      national park here in sulphur. We went to the area where sulphur
      origionally was located. We didn't find any of the foundations that
      are supposed to still exist, but we did find some old broken clay
      pipes. I am just wondering when did city's use clay pipes for either
      water or sewage? I am wondering if those are possible from the old
      sulphur? I wish I could go metal detecting there, but its againts the
      law which really stinks. I hope to someday become an archaeologist,
      but for now metal detecting is about as close as I am going to get.
      There is an Oklahoma archaeology society that I want to join, I just
      need to get the time to be able to fill out the paper work and send it
      off. I am a very busy person. I have a job, and twin toddlers, so
      time is something I don't get much of. Well I have to go for now, my
      kids are at eachothers throughts.
    • Larry
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2 10:09 PM
        http://www.ou.edu/cas/archsur/oas/state.html

        Oklahoma archaeology society that I want to join, I just
        > need to get the time to be able to fill out the paper work and send
        it
        > off.
      • amarshall89
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2008
          --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"
          <lkillebrew1@...> wrote:

          > http://www.ou.edu/cas/archsur/oas/state.html
          >

          > Oklahoma archaeology society that I want to join, I just
          > > need to get the time to be able to fill out the paper work and send
          > it
          > > off.

          hey, im part of this group,,,i also have been a member of the Oklahoma
          Anthropological Society for 17 years...been on a lot of digs , so if
          you need any info just let me know.
          later
          dingus(allen marshall)
        • amarshall89
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 8, 2008
            --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Victoria Sears"
            <vic_sears@...> wrote:

            > This weekend I convinced my husband to go walking with me out in
            the
            > national park here in sulphur. We went to the area where sulphur
            > origionally was located. We didn't find any of the foundations
            that
            > are supposed to still exist, but we did find some old broken clay
            > pipes. I am just wondering when did city's use clay pipes for
            either
            > water or sewage? I am wondering if those are possible from the old
            > sulphur? I wish I could go metal detecting there, but its againts
            the
            > law which really stinks. I hope to someday become an
            archaeologist,
            > but for now metal detecting is about as close as I am going to
            get.
            > There is an Oklahoma archaeology society that I want to join, I
            just
            > need to get the time to be able to fill out the paper work and send
            it
            > off. I am a very busy person. I have a job, and twin toddlers, so
            > time is something I don't get much of. Well I have to go for now,
            my
            > kids are at eachothers throughts.

            hello, my name is allen marshall, i have metal detected for over 30
            years. i have also been on over 16 major digs in okla, and have been
            a member of the OAS for 17 years. if you need any info just let me
            know, i would be glad to share.