Re: Anybody in North Central Oklahoma?

  • aussieokie
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 24 2:05 PM
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "petunyabug"
      <petunyabug@...> wrote:

      > Yes, it's pretty obvious. If you start at boggy creek, you will go
      > east, cross the road (driveway for the park), i believe up a hill.
      > There is a house there, just 1 I believe. Cross the street in front
      of
      > that and you will be in the field. The last house that was torn down
      > was on the south side of that field. You think it's bad karma to hunt
      > cemetery or right next to one?

      Bad karma..not sure but I think cemeteries are classed as private
      property. I guess it makes sense since they payed for their plot.
    • petunyabug
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 26 8:15 AM
        guess i lied to you. i have a garrett gti 2500.
      • aussieokie
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 28 7:29 AM
          <petunyabug@...> wrote:

          > guess i lied to you. i have a garrett gti 2500.

          I actually have a Garrett Ace 250 which I bought before my White's,
          it's a great coin shooter.
          I went the East Government Springs on Friday afternoon and found about
          50c (assorted clad) and one wheatie in bad condition (no date).
          I found the spare house blocks were hard to detect because the grass
          was so thick and I was getting lots of trash signals.
        • jackandmarilyn2003
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 28 1:08 PM
            <petunyabug@...> wrote:

            > I got 2 extra helmets, it's all good! Trust me, if I could figure
            out
            > how, I would carry my detector or fishing stuff. Stupid cars, who
            needs
            > em? (yeah, that's why I had to get a ride home yesterday and left my
            > bike here at the shop!) About the fairgrounds, I really just meant
            over
            > the years. At that field, before they tore down the last house, I
            found
            > a mercury dime. Mostly find silverware there, but it's interesting
            > anyhow. The south side of the road has all the ballparks and stuff.
            The
            > field is just north of them.

            If you want an easy way to carry your fishing stuff or detector
            stuff,I bought a pull type golf cart, the type that has a bag onit. I
            mounted short boards at the top and bottom and use bungi cords to
            attach my tackle box at the bottom. It works very well
          • jackandmarilyn2003
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 28 1:09 PM