Re: Anybody in North Central Oklahoma?

  • petunyabug
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 24, 2008
      Yes, it's pretty obvious. If you start at boggy creek, you will go
      east, cross the road (driveway for the park), i believe up a hill.
      There is a house there, just 1 I believe. Cross the street in front of
      that and you will be in the field. The last house that was torn down
      was on the south side of that field. You think it's bad karma to hunt a
      cemetery or right next to one?
    • aussieokie
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 24, 2008
        --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "petunyabug"
        <petunyabug@...> wrote:

        > Yes, it's pretty obvious. If you start at boggy creek, you will go
        > east, cross the road (driveway for the park), i believe up a hill.
        > There is a house there, just 1 I believe. Cross the street in front
        of
        > that and you will be in the field. The last house that was torn down
        > was on the south side of that field. You think it's bad karma to hunt
        > cemetery or right next to one?

        Bad karma..not sure but I think cemeteries are classed as private
        property. I guess it makes sense since they payed for their plot.
      • petunyabug
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 26, 2008
          guess i lied to you. i have a garrett gti 2500.
        • aussieokie
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 28, 2008
            <petunyabug@...> wrote:

            > guess i lied to you. i have a garrett gti 2500.

            I actually have a Garrett Ace 250 which I bought before my White's,
            it's a great coin shooter.
            I went the East Government Springs on Friday afternoon and found about
            50c (assorted clad) and one wheatie in bad condition (no date).
            I found the spare house blocks were hard to detect because the grass
            was so thick and I was getting lots of trash signals.
          • jackandmarilyn2003
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 28, 2008
              <petunyabug@...> wrote:

              > I got 2 extra helmets, it's all good! Trust me, if I could figure
              out
              > how, I would carry my detector or fishing stuff. Stupid cars, who
              needs
              > em? (yeah, that's why I had to get a ride home yesterday and left my
              > bike here at the shop!) About the fairgrounds, I really just meant
              over
              > the years. At that field, before they tore down the last house, I
              found
              > a mercury dime. Mostly find silverware there, but it's interesting
              > anyhow. The south side of the road has all the ballparks and stuff.
              The
              > field is just north of them.

              If you want an easy way to carry your fishing stuff or detector
              stuff,I bought a pull type golf cart, the type that has a bag onit. I
              mounted short boards at the top and bottom and use bungi cords to
              attach my tackle box at the bottom. It works very well
            • jackandmarilyn2003
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 28, 2008