Re: [Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Should I........

  • Sharon & David LeVine
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
      get a cheap one my nephew had one from fingerhut (all i could do at the time) and at the planted hunts he did fine with it after we got a better one he kept going back to his old one. Get you going and see if you want to invest in the costly one and they if so you can sell the cheap one on ebay lol
      Sharon LeVine
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
        Thanks Sharon,
        I had a Bounty Hunter two years ago and it quit on me. I have been seeing
        some cheap ones on eBay that I may get so I will let you know what happens.
        I can't wait to get one and start hunting again, and go on gatherings with
        others! What kind did your nephew get from Fingerhut?

        Cheryl

        > get a cheap one my nephew had one from fingerhut (all i could do at the
        > time) and at the planted hunts he did fine with it after we got a better
        > one he kept going back to his old one. Get you going and see if you want
        > to invest in the costly one and they if so you can sell the cheap one on
        > ebay lol
        > Sharon LeVine

      • Sharon & David LeVine
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
          it's a bounty hurter too. I have a Quattro and just can't get the hand of it so I got back to my little tesoro silver saber 2.
          but i have only don't the hunt in a club that I belong to and they are planted coins, silver and clad money and token for prizes.
          Sharon LeVine

          > get a cheap one my nephew had one from fingerhut (all i could do at the
          > time) and at the planted hunts he did fine with it after we got a better
          > one he kept going back to his old one. Get you going and see if you want
          > to invest in the costly one and they if so you can sell the cheap one on
          > ebay lol
          > Sharon LeVine

        • pdeppeler
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
            --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl Mason"
            <oceangazer@...> wrote:

            > Buy a cheap metal detector to get me going till I can get the
            White's
            > detector that I want, or just save up and buy it when I get the
            money?
            > Cheryl

            I was in a simular situation to you.
            I found a cheap Garrett Ace 250 on eBay (VERY good detector) and used
            it (still do) until I bought a White's DFX.
          • Cheryl Mason
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 23, 2008
              Thanks for the information everyone, I am still debating on what to do. :)
              Cheryl

              > it's a bounty hurter too. I have a Quattro and just can't get the hand of
              > it so I got back to my little tesoro silver saber 2.
              > but i have only don't the hunt in a club that I belong to and they are
              > planted coins, silver and clad money and token for prizes.
              > Sharon LeVine
            • Larry
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 24, 2008
                If it is any help... son-in-law uses a bounty hunter el cheapo
                detector, I use a Tesoro Vaquero, he finds more good stuff than I.
                Could be he digs more, could be he has learned his detector better.

                I wish I had held out for a whites, garrett, or minelab... the Tesoro
                is fine, but takes a lot of learning to master the tones. Course I
                may be a slow learner. I would like the somewhat dysfunctional
                display and the microprocessor of the other machines to help me make
                a decision on whether to dig or not. The maligned bounty hunter has a
                faster learning curve in my opinion.