treasure hunting sites

  • jackandmarilyn2003
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2008
      does anyone know of any good hunting sites in mayes county? I live 5
      miles east of adair. Call 918-706-8411. Please leave a message so I
      know you are not a bill colector. Thank you
    • chris
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2008
        on the where to hunt! ck the local library in the old newspapers
        archives!also go online and buy a book on old sites! ck the local
        detector store which will have books! any eastern/western detector
        magazine will have leads!old buildings or houses are good!but the best
        lead will be doing research and looking where no one else has been
        then u will find really old stuff!hope this helps! chris
        ps-ck this website it may help also!
        http://www.therockerbox.com/Research%20recreational%20prospecting,%
        20metal%20detecting,%20and%20treasure%20hunting%20ghost%20towns%20and%
        20lost%20treasures.htm?gclid=CLDsq6KDuI8CFTyKOAodBi0mdA
      • chris
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 9, 2008
          Mayes County, Oklahoma

          Lost Treasure

          Click Here

          For These and

          More Great Books

          Know of good Lost Treasure Stories for this County?

          Email them to us and you and your club will receive full credit!

          -----------

          A lost Mormon gold mine is supposedly located near Spavinaw.

          MAP

          More information can be found in

          Buried Treasures of the Ozarks

          Buried Treasure You Can Find

          Oklahoma Treasures and Treasure Tales

          A Guide to Treasure in Oklahoma Volume 2

          -----------

          $600 was buried by Tom Hicks near farm where the railroad crosses
          the Grand River.

          More information can be found in

          A Guide to Treasure in Oklahoma Volume 2

          -----------

          $110,000 in robbery loot was buried west of Pryor in Robbers Canyon
          by the James-Younger gang.

          MAP

          More information can be found in

          Buried Treasure You Can Find

          Oklahoma Treasures and Treasure Tales

          A Guide to Treasure in Oklahoma Volume 2

          -----------

          $100,000 of loot stolen by Henry Starr is thought to be buried near
          Rose.

          MAP

          More information can be found in

          A Guide to Treasure in Oklahoma Volume 2

          -----------

          Copyright 2000-2007

          Prewitt & Company
        • jackandmarilyn2003
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 28, 2008
            My name is jack, and I live 5 miles east of adair ok. I am a security
            guard at grda in choteau. It borders on army corps of engineers
            property. Whilr deer hunting, I found an old house foundation. I
            haven't searched it yet. Does anyone know anymore about that area?
          • Mare
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
              anyone know of any good places around langley ok or big cabin creek to
              go hunting. any info would be greatly appreciated