[Oklahoma Metal Detecting Club] Re: Does anybody know why?

  • beachhuntermike
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
      --- In oklahomametaldetectingclub@yahoogroups.com, Ron Newby
      <lostdutchfinder@...> wrote:

      > Hi Lyn,
      > There is another guy that I hunt with who is from Sherman. His
      name is Tommy Groves and we have two old home sites to hunt when the
      weather cools off some. They are off FM1417 somewhere to the
      southwest of Sherman. I will talk with Tommy and maybe we can give
      it a try this next weekend.

      > Ron

      next to Lake Ray Roberts. That's about 12 miles south of
      Gainesville. Ron

      viruses from coming thru. It might not be more than stealing
      addresses for more potential harm, but please try to understand the
      reasoning.

      > Anyone from the North Texas area here?
      > Thanks,
      > Lyn
      >
      > David <dpdave38@intergate . com> wrote:
      > Mike, I have went in and looked at what you have asked me to do. I
      > think you may be correct on why the HTML feature does not work.
      The
      > owner, not me, has set this club up and he has it not to allow
      > attachments. I feel you need to talk him into changing this if he
      > wants to, I would not feel right changing it with out his
      approval.
      > I am glad to see some of you guys and girls taking an intrest in
      the
      > group again. I went through a divorce last year and have kinda had
      > the air let out of my sails, but I am going to start back to my
      > hunting and posting any of my neat finds that may come along soon.
      >
      > Thanks for the e-mail,
      >
      > David(dpdave38)
      >
      > -- In oklahomametaldetect ingclub@yahoogro ups.com, "Mike"
      > <mikem05@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > David, I found this under Yahoo's help pages. I think this may
      be
      > the
      > > problem:

      > > I don't want any HTML email to be sent to my group. Can I
      prevent
      > it?
      > > As the owner or moderator of a group, you can prevent users of
      the
      > > group from including HTML or attachments in messages they send
      > the
      > > group. Here's how:
      > >
      > > From any page within the group, click Management at the bottom
      of
      > the
      > > list on the left side.
      > > Click Messages in the "Groups Settings" section.
      > > Click Edit next to "Postings & Archives".
      > > Choose Remove in the Attachments column.
      > > Click Save Changes.

      > > I think the above has probably been done on this forum. If you
      can
      > > change this to allow us to use HTML it will allow us to
      personalize
      > > our posts a little and might help get more members involved in
      > > posting. Thanks.
      > >

      > > --- In oklahomametaldetect ingclub@yahoogro ups.com, "Mike Mann"
      > > <mikem05@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi David,
      > > > Thanks for getting back to me.
      > > > It maybe something I'm doing wrong on my end.
      > > > If you will look at message #1001 that I made yesterday.
      > > > I used the Rich-Text Editor (Beta) to make this post. I
      changed
      > the
      > > > Font type, font size, and font color as well as adding
      a "smiley"
      > > at
      > > > the end of the post. When I clicked Preview, everything looked
      > good.
      > > > But the post on the forum is just the regular black text. The
      > only
      > > difference
      > > > is the HTML code tag for the smiley at the end of the post.
      This
      > > led me
      > > > to think that maybe displaying HTML was an option that the
      > Moderator
      > > > had to enable to get it to work. I'll keep researching the
      help
      > > topics for
      > > > Yahoo and see if I can figure it out.
      > > > Later......
      > > > Mike

      you all the tools to get online.
      > http://smallbusines s.yahoo.com/ webhosting

      Hey guys its been a short time that i have been on but I live over
      here in Cartwright Oklahoma not far from denison or sherman I'm the
      Mayor here and have been metal detecting for 30 years now with some
      great finds my best i would have to say is my spanish silver off the
      1715 wreaks when i lived in Melbourne Fl. hope to here back and mabe
      go hunting with some new friends. mike