Re: Separation ... anxiety?

  • breckqa
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 1, 2006
      What about using a vegetable Juicer? When I googled "Vegetable
      Extractor" I got a lot of chioces. Most have a blade and cut the
      material up, the older ones press the juice out

      Zim

      --- In oil_from_algae@yahoogroups.com, Bobby Yates Emory
      <liberty1@g...> wrote:

      > Rob,
      >
      > Two good options.
      >
      > We could use jewelry cleaning ultrasonics and home microwaves to
      test this.
      > If they don't work, we could then try to discover the resonant
      frequency of
      > the algae cells.
      >
      > Bobby
      >
      > On 12/27/05, Rob <PoppaRex@h...> wrote:
      > >
      > > What about ultrasonics? Seems a youngster had invented a
      device for
      > > killing mosquitoe larvae in water where an ultrasonic probe is
      tuned
      > > to a frequecy such that it causes air sacs within the larvae
      body to
      > > resonate and explode - could something like this be used to
      rupture
      > > the cells membranes in algae?
      > >
      > > How about tuned microwaves used for the same purpose?
      > >
      > > Rob

      t=ms&k=Alpaca+farming&w1=Alpaca+farming&w2=Agriculture+business&w3=Ag
      riculture+commodity&w4=Agriculture+jobs&w5=Agriculture+jobs&w6=Organi
      c+farming&c=6&s=138&.sig=9Vvce8DAbBczfx2AspYWcg> Agriculture
      > > business<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Agriculture+business&w1=Alpaca+farming&w2=Agriculture+business
      &w3=Agriculture+commodity&w4=Agriculture+jobs&w5=Agriculture+jobs&w6=
      Organic+farming&c=6&s=138&.sig=5V2XbFSnN1nomR-l2AaN5g> Agriculture
      > > commodity<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Agriculture+commodity&w1=Alpaca+farming&w2=Agriculture+busines
      s&w3=Agriculture+commodity&w4=Agriculture+jobs&w5=Agriculture+jobs&w6
      =Organic+farming&c=6&s=138&.sig=YaAhNA7l5xthyeVROaYcPg> Agriculture
      > > jobs<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Agriculture+jobs&w1=Alpaca+farming&w2=Agriculture+business&w3=
      Agriculture+commodity&w4=Agriculture+jobs&w5=Agriculture+jobs&w6=Orga
      nic+farming&c=6&s=138&.sig=b44EMc2KSRgtzmbxACLcLw> Agriculture
      > > jobs<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Agriculture+jobs&w1=Alpaca+farming&w2=Agriculture+business&w3=
      Agriculture+commodity&w4=Agriculture+jobs&w5=Agriculture+jobs&w6=Orga
      nic+farming&c=6&s=138&.sig=b44EMc2KSRgtzmbxACLcLw> Organic
      > > farming<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Organic+farming&w1=Alpaca+farming&w2=Agriculture+business&w3=A
      griculture+commodity&w4=Agriculture+jobs&w5=Agriculture+jobs&w6=Organ
      ic+farming&c=6&s=138&.sig=6xjK4Zu9jWOc4SEOpApzGg>

      > > ------------------------------
      > >

      > --
      > Toward freedom,
      >
      > Bobby Yates Emory

    • Bobby Yates Emory
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 1, 2006
        Zim,

        These look like a possibility. All of the ones I have seen offered
        for sale have been expensive. If anyone sees one at a yard sale or
        has one they no longer use, we should definitely try it.

        (I was able to find a small, hand turned, sausage grinder at an auction.)

        Bobby

        --
        Toward freedom,

        Bobby Yates Emory
      • William Carr
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006

          On Jan 1, 2006, at 10:20 AM, breckqa wrote:

          What about using a vegetable Juicer?  When I googled "Vegetable

          Extractor" I got a lot of chioces.  Most have a blade and cut the

          material up, the older ones press the juice out

          I don't know if a normal juicer would crush the cells enough.  I have a Vitamix, which does counter-rotation.

          Kind of like a hammermill.   You can cook with it since the friction of the blades heats the liquid.
        • Bobby Yates Emory
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 2, 2006
            William,

            Now if we can just convince you to use your Vitamix to process algae. :-)

            Bobby

            --
            Toward freedom,

            Bobby Yates Emory