Re: Getting oil from algae.

  • nanomatrix
    Message 1 of 49 , Jul 1, 2007
      Well,  I realize this won't work on a small scale but the ethanol guys are using a pretreatment process called Steam Explosion to blow apart the lignocellulose in wood. That ought to separate the wet cellulose in algae from the lipids.

      ...nanomatrix

      --- In oil_from_algae@yahoogroups.com, "Trent Creekmore" <trent@...> wrote:

      > Yesterday I talked to Chemist about getting oil from algae.
      > While he is not a biologist, he did some some Organic Chemistry and retired
      > from Dow Chemical some years ago.
      >

      > He suggested using a large centrifuge known as a Cyclone to seperate the oil
      > from the solid matter, that is if you could use some chemical or physical
      > process to get the algae to release the oil.
      >
      > Anyone have any knowlege or experience in this?
      >

      > Trent

    • mernin1234
      Message 49 of 49 , Aug 9, 2007
        We can help you with small financial aid to set up an operational
        plant. If succesful mutual TradeSecret decision can be agreed upon
        to establish a Commercially viable plant here in NewMexico.

        What do you say?

        Mernin.

        --- In oil_from_algae@yahoogroups.com, Abhishek Narain
        <abhih5678@...> wrote:

        > An advanced eco-friendly helical photo bio-reactor (patent applied
        for) and a novel process have been developed to cultivate and
        harvest photosynthetic microorganism such as algae to produce
        desired biomass on industrial scale. This versatile bio reactor has
        potential application in producing bio diesel, spirulina and host of
        other biotechnical products. This bio reactor is capable of doubling
        the algae in just 60 hours as against 200 to 300 hours in any
        contemporary bio-reactor. The inventor of this revolutionary bio
        reactor invites proposals from persons or industrial units
        interested in licensing of this technology and know-how. The
        interested parties may contact the inventor at email id
        aby.narain@... for a prompt response.