Re: [oil_from_algae] Re: Start up

  • Bobby Yates Emory
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2005
      Dale,

      Good luck.

      You may want to feed them something. For my initial batch, I am going
      to use an "algae food" that Carolina Biological suggests. When I get
      up to back-yard scale, I hope to use pig waste.

      I also plan to bubble air through them when I am doing the kitchen
      sink scale. When I go to back yard scale, I may use that or a paddle
      wheel. I think you need to induce motion and aerate the water.

      Bobby

      On Mar 29, 2005 10:52 AM, dalemulert <dmulert@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to get oil from the little guys I guess if it doesn't
      > workout I can always feed it to fish! They are salt water and I am
      > just using an old cooler very high tech! No tips as of yet since
      > just
      > getting started. They have been alive for about 10 days. Not really
      > seeing any great rate of production but I don't really have a clue
      > what I am doing. I keep you posted.
      >
      > dale
      >
      > --- In oil_from_algae@yahoogroups.com, Bobby Yates Emory
      > <liberty1@g...> wrote:
      > > Dale,
      > >
      > > What are you trying to do with the Nannochloropsis? Are they salt
      > or
      > > fresh? What are you using for containers? Any tips?
      > >
      > > Bobby
      > >

      > > On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:57:56 -0000, dalemulert <dmulert@t...>
      >
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi
      > > >
      > > > I am growing Nannochloropsis and would like to here more on
      > your
      > > > progress.
      > > >
      > > > Dale
      > > >
      > > > --- In oil_from_algae@yahoogroups.com, Bobby Yates Emory