Microfiltration Revisited

  • Ron Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 84 KB
         Here's a link to a very impressive
    video by the SmartFlow Tech people:

         I have handled enough algae paste
    to know that this is real.  I called
    them on two consecutive days to see what
    they charge for their solution.  Nobody
    was in Sales either time, and they did
    not return my call.

         Their use of the term 'permeate' to
    indicate the filtered cell-free medium
    tells me that they are using a membrane
    microfilter.  If so, the system should
    be pretty cheap.  Here's a link to a
    video that explains a bit more about the
    process:

         The attached "RO_filter.jpg" shows
    a Culligan reverse osmosis filter unit.
    I don't remewmber when or where I got