RE: Giant Algae?

  • Ron Brown
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 30, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 131 KB
    Hello  All,

         I found a fairly recent study that confirms my thinking about using 2,4-D, a cheap and readily available herbicide to stimulate the growth of algae.  It describes this kind of use of auxin-like herbicides as "common practice".

         A .pdf of the study is attached.

    ---rsb
    Ron Brown
    30MAR2013
  • Bobby Yates Emory
    Message 2 of 19 , Mar 30, 2013
      Ron,

      The reference seemed to be to a PDF of a PDF.  Yahoo only gave me a few names.

      Is this the article you were referring to?

      <http://www.wssajournals.org/doi/abs/10.1614/WS-D-09-00028.1>

      (The author's names seem to be wrong.  The Startpage reply included the correct names, but when I went to WSSA, it had the wrong names.)

      Bobby

      [Attachment(s) from Ron Brown included below]

      --
      Toward freedom,

      Bobby Yates Emory
    • Ron Brown
      Message 3 of 19 , Mar 30, 2013
        >>The reference seemed to be to a PDF of a PDF.  Yahoo only gave
        >>me a few names.

        Here is a link to the whereI got it:

             The link you show looks like the same article, but half of it is missing.

        ---rsb
        Ron Brown
        30MAR2013

      • Bobby Yates Emory