Re: [oil_from_algae] Electrostatic Harvesting

  • Naveen Raj
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 22, 2012

      Is it otherwise called as electrostatic energy harvester...

      Anyone pls reply...

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      From: aliendave2525 <aliendave2525@...>
      To: "oil_from_algae@yahoogroups.com" <oil_from_algae@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 9:50 PM

      >>Did you put 2 leads in or just one, if 2 leads then maybe it shorted out and did not make any ions, I would do the high voltage 1 lead only that has the meg ohm resistors, the high voltage itself will product ions by stripping electrons away from the air or other conductiver or semi conductive material, the other lead completes the circuit through the environment. Just and idea.

           Yes, I used two leads.  One was attached to the pin farm, and the other went to ground.   This was the recommendation of the water cannon guys, who suggested the use of an ion generator as an electrostatic power supply.

      ---rsb
      Ron Brown
      21NOV2012

      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 26, 2012

        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 3, 2012

          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 4, 2012
            --- In oil_from_algae@yahoogroups.com, Ron Brown <potrzebie44@...> wrote:

> [...]
          • Ron Brown
            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 4, 2012
              > >>Is it otherwise called as electrostatic energy harvester...
              >
              >      No, I looked that up in Wikipedia, and it is something else entirely.
              >
              > What I have been trying to do is to use high voltage, low amperage electyricity to cause the algae to clump together.  If you had to give it a name, Electrostatic Algae Harvesting would be appropriate.

              >>> Wouldn't it be better use electricity to open the cell walls and harvest only the >>>lipids and let the algae continue to grow?

                   Perhaps, but that would be electropora6tion, which is not what I am trying to do.  There are folks working on it as we speak.

              ---rsb
              Ron Brown
              04DEC2012