chlorella for co2 capturing, 1998

  • andreas buechel
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg15721173.500.html

      article from 1998

      mentioning chlorella for co2 capturing in a bioreactor

    • Bobby Yates Emory
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
        Andreas,

        Since chlorella only sucked out 10 % of the CO2 and the MIT system is
        doing 80% plus in the sunshine, sounds like chlorella may not be our
        species.

        Bobby

        --
        Toward freedom,

        Bobby Yates Emory
      • JOHN GOODWIN
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
          Its bloody hard to get chlorella growing at all. Experience:-)

          --
          Toward freedom,

          Bobby Yates Emory

        • andreas buechel
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
            did you found out what where the difficulites with growing chlorella ?

            i am stronlgy interested because i like to eat it and it has a lot of
            cholophyll and vitamin c ... and it is cultivated in large quantities in
            germany indoors in tubular constant flowing bioreactors:

            500 000 meters of glass tubes resulting in 600 m3 cultivated Chlorella
            vulgaris, producer: Ökologische Produkte Altmark GmbH in Klötze, Sachsen-
            Anhalt

            it is reported that this glasstubes are situated in a large greenhouse
            with no additional lightening but with temperating the water

            Service.

            ----