Re: [ohiobph] Tar Hollow - North or South Loop First?

  • William Comer
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 3:19 PM
      I have been on a loop from the ranger station up to the backpacking
      camp. Nothing in there is unpleasant as far as being on a par with
      doing Shawnee SF. I've turkey hunted that a few times and it just
      doesn't have any large elevation changes that would be a problem. As
      far as hydrology , I am unsure what ground water is ok or not so you'd
      want to talk with folks there for that info. With it being SF you are
      held to specifically camping where it is designated. There is no
      dispersed camping in there. I don't know what you all have hiked
      before so I don't know what to compare it too. Cars can be parked up
      at the fire tower, I think, and then tents pitched at the camp site
      and you can dayhike the entire place.