Re: new year and gifts

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 3, 2006
      Thanks, Bruce. I hate those stupid plastic windows that fog up for
      life, too! What a waste, does anyone use those anyway?

      Did you spend time on the other side of the pond, or did someone
      recommend a RS to you? Wondering how you found it in the first place...

      http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/opencms/tnf/gear.jsp?site=NA&model=AAS8
      > or even http://www.msrcorp.com/tents/fusion2.asp since they are all so
      > similar? Is the RSMT bigger, cheaper, lighter, cooler, better made,
      > better engineered, better materials?
      >
      > --- In ohiobph@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morrow <ministercreek@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Actually the Mountain Trek looks alot like my former Diamond Brand
      > Mountain Home, which was a great tent.
      > >
      > > As for Sierra Designs and The North Face it is nothing like these
      > brands.
      > >

      > > Bill <bferriot@y...> wrote:
      > > I think you might enjoy the Podcast "Backpackinglight.com meets
      > > .co.uk!" at http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/page73.asp as it talks
      > > about how Europe is about 4-5 years behind the US in terms of gear.
      > > The interview with Golite and Chris Townsend are interesting, too.
      > >
      > > Not to beat a dead horse, but the Mountain Trek looks like anything
      > > you could get from Sierra Designs, Mountain Hardware, or The North
      > > Face...so I'm curious as to why you chose the Robert Saunders?
      > >
      > > Bill
      > >
      > > --- In ohiobph@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morrow <ministercreek@y...>
      wrote:

      > > > No offense taken, Steve.
      > > >
      > > > I don't wish to be like the folks on the Backpacker.com forums who
      > > INSIST Sierra Designs and Mountain Hardware are the ONLY brands to
      use.

      > > > Personally I refuse to buy into that lie.
      > > >
      > > > Steve Parmens <lwbper@y...> wrote:
      > > > Hey Bruce, not trying to slam you here with any of
      > > > these questions, so hope you don't take this wrong.
      > > > Just trying to understand your reasoning. Forgive me
      > > > if you have covered this previously and I've missed
      > > > it.
      > > >
      > > > 1) OK, 249GBP is about $429, so you aren't avoiding
      > > > 'BIG name brand gear'(BNBG) to save $. Not to mention
      > > > shipping from the UK. So what is your aversion to
      > > > BNBG?
      > > >
      > > > 2) Is Robert Saunders 'BNBG' in the UK?
      > > >
      > > > 3)I'm not brand loyal, I buy what ever I think best
      > > > fits my needs for a particular piece of gear. For me
      > > > weight is one of the top considerations in a piece of
      > > > gear. The Granite Gear Vapor Trail is the most
      > > > comfortable pack with a frame that I can find and at
      > > > only 2lbs. Given those parameters would you not
      > > > consider Granitie Gear as a pack for you jsut because
      > > > it is BNBG?

      > > Service.
      > > >

      > > > ---------------------------------
      > > >

      > > > Talk to you soon!!!
      > > >

      > > > ---------------------------------
      > > > Yahoo! DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

      > > Backpacking travel

      > Service.
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > >

      > > Talk to you soon!!!
      > >

      > > ---------------------------------
      > > Yahoo! Photos
      > > Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
      > holidays, whatever.

      > Backpacking travel

      Service.

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > Talk to you soon!!!
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      > Yahoo! Photos
      > Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events,
      holidays, whatever.

    • Joe
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 3, 2006
        "> I think you might enjoy the Podcast "Backpackinglight.com meets
        > .co.uk!" at http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/page73.asp as it talks
        > about how Europe is about 4-5 years behind the US in terms of gear.
        > The interview with Golite and Chris Townsend are interesting, too."

        Wow, that means if I ever go backpacking in Europe, my stuff will all
        be state-of-the-art!

        Joe