Re: [ohiobph] Old equipment/Zaleski

  • Kirby
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2012
      Dylan,

      I bought a Garcia canister for a trek in Yosemite one year and I've used it on treks ever since even in areas not thought of as bear territory.  A ranger at Lake Hope Campground check in told me bears have been seen in Zaleski, but I don't think it is generally considered "bear country".  I mean a bear was once seen in southern Michigan, go figure.

      OK so the Garcia protects your food from other four-legged pals too like mice, raccoons and coyotes so you don't have to fool around with finding a good tree branch to hoist a bear bag.  Garcia can protect your pack from anything with a sharp tip.  And the best part:  it makes a sturdy camp stool.  It's backless but gets ya off the ground or that buggy log.

      kirby

      Répéter toujour maintenant et ensuite exécuter bien et san peur demain!

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 25, 2012
        Dylan
        If your close to the Norwalk Ohio area I have a pack you can borrow. If u like it make an offer. Shoot me an email at shoebox185@... if your interested.

        Bill

        ***If your not the lead dog the view never changes***