Waking Your Muse: A Celebration of Imbolc-Sat Feb 2nd 2013

  • April M
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013
      Come share the holiday with us and spark your creativity! This year our annual Imbolc Celebration will focus on the creative aspect of the Goddess Brighid. The celebration begins at 1pm on Saturday February 2nd. We are asking for a $5 donation per person, children under 4 are free. This event is open to the greater community and will take place at Spring Ledge Farms in Hopkinsville, KY.

      SCHEDULE:

      1:00pm: Open for arrivals

      1:30pm: Origins of Imbolc with David Clark

      2:30pm: Brighid's Crosses and Candle making

      We will be creating Brighid's Crosses to be blessed during the Ritual and taken home. We will also be making candles for home altars.

      4:15pm: Waking your Muse A guided meditation to spark your creativity with Priestess Clark

      5:00pm: Imbolc Ritual

      After Ritual: Potluck feast, bonfire, storytelling and merriment!

      What to bring:

      -Tea light or votive candle in a candle holder (for ritual)
      -Ritual garb (optional)
      -Drum, rattle, or other musical instrument (optional)
      -Potluck dish (please do not bring items that need to be cooked - reheat only)
      -Plate, bowl, cup, fork, spoon, knife for potluck
      -Weather appropriate clothing
      -Camp Chair

      Address and directions to Spring Ledge Farms will be given via email: Spirit of the Earth or you may call: 270-874-2896 Mon.-Fri. 10am-5pm cst for more information and questions.Sponsored by Spirit of the Earth Church Inc.