West Ky Hoodoo Rootworker Heritage Festival Sept 19-23 in Hopkinsville KY

  • April M
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 3, 2012
      Our 2012 list of presenters is now up!! This year for the West Ky Hoodoo Rootworker Heritage Festival, we would like to welcome special guests Stephanie Rose Bird (author of Sticks, Stones, Roots and Bones: Hoodoo and Mojo and Conjuring with Herbs; and Four Seasons of Mojo: An Herbal Guide to Natural Living), Byron Ballard (author of Staubs and Ditchwater: A Friendly and Useful Introduction to Hillfolks' Hoodoo), Professor Jack Montgomery (author of American Shamans: Journeys with Traditional Healers), Mark Mandrake (Earth Centered Alchemist and Shaman), Temperence (owner of Temperence Alchemy and Numen Botanicals), Stephanie Palm (owner of Music City Mojo) and Nancie Clark (Practitioner of Afro-Carribean Traditions, Witch, and Co-Founder of Spirit of the Earth Church). We would also like to welcome back our guest performers, Tuatha Dea!! For more information on our presenters, please visit www.spiritoftheearth.org!
      Register now to reserve your spot before prices increase for Spirit of the Earth Church's second annual West Ky Hoodoo Rootworker Heritage Festival in Hopkinsville, KY! This year, our festival will be September 19-23rd, 2012 and gates will open at 3pm on Sept 19th, followed by our opening ritual and bonfire.

      Ritual workings, workshops and entertainment, from the following traditions:
      Hoodoo: Rootwork and Conjure
      Powwow
      Grannie Magic
      Santeria
      Voodoo

      Registration is now open online. Registration price includes all meals for the entire weekend, workshops, rituals, and entertainment. Pre-registration for this event is required. Due to the topics and nature of material which will be presented during the weekend - Children under the age of 18 are prohibited. For more information about our festivals and to register online visit: www.spiritoftheearth.org

      Facilities:

      Our festivals take place at Spring Ledge Farms a beautiful 200 acre private farm in Western Kentucky. Festivals are tent camping or RV only, there are no cabins. Port-a-toilets, outdoor shower, and sink are provided. Our site has full kitchen facilities and wireless Internet access.

      Meals:

      Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, and snacks are provided during the entire event and are prepared on site. We do ask that each participant bring a potluck dish as part of our community potluck dinner. If you have any food allergies please let us know upon registration. For special dietary needs- limited space is available in the kitchen for special circumstances on a first come first serve basis, please contact our office for more information.

      Merchants:

      All merchants space is divided up into 10x20 spaces. Electricity is limited and on a first come first serve basis. Camping is available behind your merchant space. Merchants are welcome to arrive and set up on Thursday, please let us know what time you will be arriving. Merchants interested in attending Festivals may contact the Merchant coordinator for more information and to sign up.

      What to Bring:

      Below is a standard list of what you will need to bring to one of our festivals; lists vary slightly with each festival. A detailed list is sent out for each festival along with your registration confirmation.

      - For Meals: reusable plate, bowl, cup and utensils
      (wash station is available)
      - Camping Supplies (Tent, sleeping bags, air mat, etc.)
      - Camp Chair
      - Potluck donation (enough for 2 dozen people- nothing that needs to be cooked please)
      - Earth friendly bio-degradable personal hygiene products (outdoor shower facilities are available)
      - Clothing for wet weather and sturdy shoes (just in case!)
      - Bug Spray
      - Sunscreen
      - Flash light (s)
      - Ritual garb (optional)
      - Drums, rattles, or other musical instruments (optional)

      For more information visit our website at http://www.spiritoftheearth.org/HoodooRootworkerHeritageFestival.html or contact: Spirit of the Earth Church
      at (270) 874-2896 Monday – Friday 9am-5pm central time.
    • April M

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 5 12:57 PM
[...]

                For the Main Ritual (Saturday)

                Our main ritual will be Saturday at Midnight and is called: A Petition to Babalu-Aye: A Ritual of Healing with Mome' Madison Cansler, Rev. Nancie Clark, and others. Please bring something white to wear for the ritual and a white bandana or other head covering.