West KY Hoodoo Rootworker Heritage Festival-Sept 23-25

  • April M
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
      Our schedule is now up!! Please go to http://www.spiritoftheearth.org/Hoodoo-Fest-Schedule.html to check it out! Also, spaces are filling fast so register soon!

      Get back to your "roots" by joining us September 23rd-25th, 2011 for a weekend filled with learning, Rituals, and celebration of Ancestor Folk Healing Traditions. Workshops and rituals are based on the following traditions:Hoodoo: Rootworking and Conjure, Powwow, Grannie Magic, Santerian, and Voudon. This festival is clothing optional in designated areas.

      Guest Presenters include:

      Professor Jack Montgomery Author of American Shamans and Musician with the band WaterSprite
      Temperance of Temperance Alchemy and Numen Botanicals, LLC
      Stephanie Palm of Music City Mojo and Hallowed Moon
      Cory Thomas Hutcheson of New World Witchery and Hallowed Moon
      Papa Oloyade of Consortium of Enchantments
      Ken with Xavier Metal Art

      Guest Entertainers include:

      Telling Point - Band
      Tuatha Dea - Band
      B. Willie Dryden - Musician
      Zazzua Dance - Belly Dancing and Poi Spinning

      **** WEEKEND CAMPING****

      We are given a limited number allowed for weekend camping and we have almost reached that number!!! If you wish to attend the weekend and camp, register as soon as possible at our website www.spiritoftheearth.org Please be aware that once weekend camping is full only Day Passes will be available.

      For more information and to register visit: www.spiritoftheearth.org or call 270-874-2896
      *please note our summer office hours vary - leave a message and someone will return your call as soon as possible.

      Pre-registration for this event is required. Due to the topics and nature of material which will be presented during the weekend - Children under the age of 18 are prohibited.
    • April M
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8, 2011
        Western KY Hoodoo Rootworker Heritage Festival September 23-25th starting at 10am

        Get back to your "roots." Join us as we sponsor a weekend of learning and celebrating Ancestor Folk Healing Traditions.

        Guest Teachers:

        Professor Jack Montgomery - Author of American Shamans
        Temperance - Owner of Temperance Alchemy
        Stephanie Palm - Owner of Music City Mojo
        Cory Thomas Hutcheson- New World Witchery
        Papa Oloyade- Consortium of Enchantments
        Shauna Aura and Mark Mandrake - Ringing Anvil
        Madison Cansler and Humfort De la Flamballah Wedo
        Tish Owen- Author of Spell it Correctly and Chasing the Rainbow
        Ken - Xavier Metal Arts
        Veronica Callicotte - Spiritual Painting

        Entertainment by:

        Telling Point - Band
        Tuatha Dea - Band
        B. Willie Dryden - Musician
        Zazzua Dance - Belly Dance and Poi Spinning
        and more!

        Ritual workings, workshops and entertainment, from the following traditions:

        Hoodoo: Rootwork and Conjure
        Powwow
        Grannie Magic
        Santeria
        Voodoo

        Registration is now open online. Registration price includes all meals for the entire weekend. Pre-registration for this event is required. Due to the topics and nature of material which will be presented during the weekend - Children under the age of 18 are prohibited. This event is clothing optional in permitted areas only. For more information about our festivals and to register online visit: www.spiritoftheearth.org
      • April M