Re: [oftheearth] STAFF SHIRTS and other SOTEC Stuff

  • April Miller
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
      I think that is genious. I would much prefer to wear a blue shirt over a white one. I worry about stain and dirt issues with a white shirt.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
        Two problems with multicolored shirts.  First, our hard-working staff does so much overlapping and extra duty that their shirts would have to be tie-dyed.  Secondly, the matching shirts for staff will help to indicate to new guests exactly who the Staff are.  Multi-colored shirts would just be confusing.

        I think that is genious. I would much prefer to wear a blue shirt over a white one. I worry about stain and dirt issues with a white shirt.

        I think we should have color for where we are volunteering. For instance: Green for the grounds, garbage, and recycling. Blue for the ministers. Etc.... What do you think? Is it too soon for this?

        On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Rev. Nancie M. Clark <revnancie.clark@ gmail.com> wrote:

        Our Cafe Press shop is up and running! You can visit it at:

        http://www.cafepres s.com/sotec

        Staff shirts are marked as such and have "STAFF" on the back of them.

        ****Please note that we were unable to print on the back of the "economy shirt" so staff shirt prices start at $17.99.

        Thanks to Tommy!!

      • Rev. Nancie M. Clark
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
          Greetings All,

          Regarding the shirts:

          While having colors for the different areas is a great idea, at this time we will not have colored shirts for different areas. I think that we would need to go over our different areas and colors. Ministers for example is not a volunteer staff position however, this is something that we could explore in the future.

          White shirts were what was available through Cafe Press, it is NOT a uniform color - feel free to Dye your shirts as you see fit, tye -dye would even be cool.

          I may even tye-dye my own - tye-dye party anyone?

          With Many Blessings,
          Nancie

          --- In oftheearth@yahoogroups.com, April Miller <canaryyellow5@...> wrote:

          > I think that is genious. I would much prefer to wear a blue shirt over a white one. I worry about stain and dirt issues with a white shirt.

        • Cougar
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
            People would also know who to report to if we were color coordinated.

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
              But if the colors are different, we lose that crazed militia group look that I so adore!  Okay, personal color choices sounds dandy (although for Staff, Black is not an option since it would hide the letters).  Not a fan of tie-die myself, but I think it would make a boss background for the SOTEC logo.  And I am definitely getting a hat or two!

              While having colors for the different areas is a great idea, at this time we will not have colored shirts for different areas. I think that we would need to go over our different areas and colors. Ministers for example is not a volunteer staff position however, this is something that we could explore in the future.

              White shirts were what was available through Cafe Press, it is NOT a uniform color - feel free to Dye your shirts as you see fit, tye -dye would even be cool.

              I may even tye-dye my own - tye-dye party anyone?

              With Many Blessings,
              Nancie

              --- In oftheearth@yahoogro ups.com, April Miller <canaryyellow5@ ...> wrote:

              > I think that is genious. I would much prefer to wear a blue shirt over a white one. I worry about stain and dirt issues with a white shirt.

            • Cougar
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
                Perhaps if we had hats for our designated area.... These are just ideas that may or may not happen. I like this idea. Many business do something like this. I know the Armed Forces do.

                On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Gabriel Decanis <corvinmaelstrom@...> wrote:

                But if the colors are different, we lose that crazed militia group look that I so adore!  Okay, personal color choices sounds dandy (although for Staff, Black is not an option since it would hide the letters).  Not a fan of tie-die myself, but I think it would make a boss background for the SOTEC logo.  And I am definitely getting a hat or two!

                While having colors for the different areas is a great idea, at this time we will not have colored shirts for different areas. I think that we would need to go over our different areas and colors. Ministers for example is not a volunteer staff position however, this is something that we could explore in the future.

                White shirts were what was available through Cafe Press, it is NOT a uniform color - feel free to Dye your shirts as you see fit, tye -dye would even be cool.

                I may even tye-dye my own - tye-dye party anyone?

                With Many Blessings,
                Nancie

                --- In oftheearth@yahoogro ups.com, April Miller <canaryyellow5@ ...> wrote:

                > I think that is genious. I would much prefer to wear a blue shirt over a white one. I worry about stain and dirt issues with a white shirt.

              • amfamkid
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 2, 2009
                  I'm so excited....Be careful bigger people...I noticed a lot of stuff only comes as big as 2X maximum....not big enough for me.Still there is also some stuff I like that will fit.Check the size chart before ordering, and have fun!!!

                  Jay