Re: Samuel Cassidy

  • jpost3174
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 21, 2006
      --- In officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com, "dgb6375" <dgb6375@...>
      wrote:

      > Seeking any information possible on Samuel Cassidy born ca 1775
      > unknown location in Ireland died 1857 in Cross Creek, Washington
      > County, PA. Emigrated from Ireland ca 1790. Married Martha Jane
      > Chambers ca 1808. They had 7 children: Hugh, John, Robert, Isabella,
      > Margaret, Martha A. and Samuel. I am particularly interested in
      where
      > Samuel was born in Ireland, that information has eluded us for about
      > 20 years. I am descended from Samuel through his son Robert.

      I am descended from Samuel Jr. Per a deed in Lancaster county the
      elder Samuel bought land in 1801 with Martha listed as his wife. He is
      listed on the tax records of 1799 also. Martha Cassidy is listed in
      Robert Chambers Probate estate. Is this how you know that she was a
      Chambers? I also correspond with William Cassidy who is descended from
      John.