Hi

  • bbrth@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 24, 2011
      Hi Everyone
      I'm looking for any information about Alice Cassidy Duffy who lived in County Monagham.
      Thanks
      Bob
    • nuala cassidy-white
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2011
        Do you have further information on where in Co. Monaghan and dates and first name of "Mr." Duffy
        Nuala

        I'm looking for any information about Alice Cassidy Duffy who lived in County Monagham.
        Thanks
        Bob

      • LYNN M RUTH
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2011
          Thanks for getting back to me.I wish I  could more info.
          Alice was married to Brian Duffy. She was the younger sister of my grandmother,Mary Agnes Cassidy (1894-1936) I know she had one son and two daughter. She had a brother,Peter who lived in Cork.
          Nuala thanks for answering me.
          Bob

          Do you have further information on where in Co. Monaghan and dates and first name of "Mr." Duffy
          Nuala

          I'm looking for any information about Alice Cassidy Duffy who lived in County Monagham.
          Thanks
          Bob

        • Richard Judd
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11

          Hi Cassidy Clan,

          Just to let you all know that my book is now on Amazon Kindle and will be available for order on the 28th January.

          If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me on   juddevelyn@...   or   richard.judd@...

          Kindest regards

          Evelyn Judd

          Evelyn Frances Judd (ne Cassaday)  Portsmouth Hampshire UK   PO8 0QU

          Front cover.jpg

          A Genealogical Journey,

          Anyone who has ever researched their family history will tell you of the fascinating journey upon which you embark. Equally frustrating and exhilarating as it twists and turns as one tries to unravel the history of one's own ancestral past.

          My genealogical journey took me from Scotland to Ireland then finally back to Scotland again. Through a range of variations of the spelling of the family name coupled with the inconclusive search for the truth to a romantic story of an alleged family name change.

          Starting with an intriguing family oral account of murder and illegitimacy with its consequential name change from 'McLaren' to 'Cassaday' this story is an attempt to chart that journey and concerns the trials and tribulations of a Cassidy family who lived and worked as tenant farmers in the 18th and 19th century in and around the small village of Cloone in County Leitrim Ireland. Almost all of the events, content and characters reported as being involved are true having been taken from local newspaper articles and reports of the time. However the dates of some of the events have been changed in order to fit the storyline. Having tried at all times to set their stories amid people and events that either did exist, or may have done.

          Evelyn Frances Judd (ne Cassaday)