Re: William Cassidy

  • gramcracker987
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2010
      --- In officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com, "darren37@..." <darren37@...> wrote:

      > Sorry in my haste, I forgot to say that this William Cassidy is from Fermanagh. Some of his children are recorded on the clan website for Devenish baptisms. Regards Darren

      Hi, My Cassidy relatives seem to be yours?

      My grandmother was Maggie Jane McCusker b.3rd May 1877 Drumanane
      Her mother was Mary Cassidy b.1858. m Thomas McCusker in Flushing NY 1875
      Mary was the daughter of William Cassidy & Margaret Carroll.

      I am curious to know how to find the date of William & Margaret's marriage?

      I have found William's will on line at www.dcalni Look under Wills

      Letters of admin. were granted to Nicholas Cassidy.

      I have joined the Cassidy Clan & found lists of Cassidys as you have too.
      I also found a list of the chapel school in Drumanane(1872)listing Catherine & Maurice Cassidy as pupils,father a farmer.
      Maggie Jane with her parents Mary & Thomas came to Liverpool around 1880. They are shown on 1881 census.Maurice then aged 19 was living with them in 9 Ambrose Placce Liverpool. This was known as "the Vatican" since so many Irish Catholics lived there! I found his marriage details listing his father as William.
      This is how I worked out the relationship.
      I have Maggie Jane's birth certificate,showing mother Mary(nee Cassidy) and Margaret Cassidy present at the birth in Drumanane. She must be Margaret Carroll!

      I hope I haven't bored you.

      Anne (Liverpool UK)
    • darren37@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
        Hi Anne

        Sent you an email to discuss our links further

        Regards
        Darren