William Cassidy

  • darren37@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 7 2:29 PM
      Researching William Cassidy who married Margaret Carroll c1855. If anyone has come across them,please let me know. I believe he is the same William listed in Bridget Brennan's Cassidy place website but I can't get through to her. Regards Darren
    • darren37@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7 2:51 PM
        Sorry in my haste, I forgot to say that this William Cassidy is from Fermanagh. Some of his children are recorded on the clan website for Devenish baptisms. Regards Darren
      • WBRice_99
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 10 6:10 PM
          These sound like my great-great-grandparents from Drumnanane townland, Devonish RC Parish. Do you have a link to Bridget Brennan's website?

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 11 7:35 AM
            If you google Cassidy Place or Cassidy Corner you'll get her websites. However I did get in touch with her and the William listed was born in Scotland. I do however have more info on the William from Fermanagh and will contact you directly. Regards Darren
          • gramcracker987
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2010
              --- In officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com, "darren37@..." <darren37@...> wrote:

              > Sorry in my haste, I forgot to say that this William Cassidy is from Fermanagh. Some of his children are recorded on the clan website for Devenish baptisms. Regards Darren

              Hi, My Cassidy relatives seem to be yours?

              My grandmother was Maggie Jane McCusker b.3rd May 1877 Drumanane
              Her mother was Mary Cassidy b.1858. m Thomas McCusker in Flushing NY 1875
              Mary was the daughter of William Cassidy & Margaret Carroll.

              I am curious to know how to find the date of William & Margaret's marriage?

              I have found William's will on line at www.dcalni Look under Wills

              Letters of admin. were granted to Nicholas Cassidy.

              I have joined the Cassidy Clan & found lists of Cassidys as you have too.
              I also found a list of the chapel school in Drumanane(1872)listing Catherine & Maurice Cassidy as pupils,father a farmer.
              Maggie Jane with her parents Mary & Thomas came to Liverpool around 1880. They are shown on 1881 census.Maurice then aged 19 was living with them in 9 Ambrose Placce Liverpool. This was known as "the Vatican" since so many Irish Catholics lived there! I found his marriage details listing his father as William.
              This is how I worked out the relationship.
              I have Maggie Jane's birth certificate,showing mother Mary(nee Cassidy) and Margaret Cassidy present at the birth in Drumanane. She must be Margaret Carroll!

              I hope I haven't bored you.

              Anne (Liverpool UK)
            • darren37@rocketmail.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 11, 2010
                Hi Anne

                Sent you an email to discuss our links further

                Regards
                Darren