ELLEN CASSIDY & JOHN DOLAN

  • genealogygroups
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2009
      Hi All,

      I'm hoping that this will ring some bells for someone in this group. Ellen Cassidy married John Dolan @ 1834. First child was Patrick, born about 1835. Anne and Jane followed, about 1836-1840. They then left Ireland and went to Canada where son Francis was born. We've got most of the Canadian records. A few of their kids then went to Chicago; most Chicago records have also been obtained. Our hang-up is the townland of Ireland. We believe the county was Cavan; following Irish naming patterns, the Griffiths does show a Francis Cassidy and a Patrick Dolan in the same town of Tirnawannagh, parish of Templeport.

      Does anyone have anything on this family? I have not found them in online Cavan records. The LDS film is horrible!

      Cheryl
    • donald c
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2009
        --- In officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com, "genealogygroups" <genealogygroups@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I'm hoping that this will ring some bells for someone in this group. Ellen Cassidy married John Dolan @ 1834. First child was Patrick, born about 1835. Anne and Jane followed, about 1836-1840. They then left Ireland and went to Canada where son Francis was born. We've got most of the Canadian records. A few of their kids then went to Chicago; most Chicago records have also been obtained. Our hang-up is the townland of Ireland. We believe the county was Cavan; following Irish naming patterns, the Griffiths does show a Francis Cassidy and a Patrick Dolan in the same town of Tirnawannagh, parish of Templeport.
        >
        > Does anyone have anything on this family? I have not found them in online Cavan records. The LDS film is horrible!

        > Cheryl

        im donald john cassidy son of edward joesph cassidy and ada cassidy
      • Monica Douglas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 24, 2010
          My Cassidy's were from Cavan. In fact I still have family (Cassidy's) living there. I looked through my info and didn't see any of the names you listed. Except for Patrick Cassidy......
          What other info, if any, do you have? Names?
          Monica
          > I'm hoping that this will ring some bells for someone in this group. Ellen Cassidy married John Dolan @ 1834. First child was Patrick, born about 1835. Anne and Jane followed, about 1836-1840. They then left Ireland and went to Canada where son Francis was born. We've got most of the Canadian records. A few of their kids then went to Chicago; most Chicago records have also been obtained. Our hang-up is the townland of Ireland. We believe the county was Cavan; following Irish naming patterns, the Griffiths does show a Francis Cassidy and a Patrick Dolan in the same town of Tirnawannagh, parish of Templeport.
          >
          > Does anyone have anything on this family? I have not found them in online Cavan records. The LDS film is horrible!

          > Cheryl

          im donald john cassidy son of edward joesph cassidy and ada cassidy

        • Michael Cassidy
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24, 2010
            I have an Andrew Cassidy married to Alice McDonald.
            They have several children born in Cavan:
            Alice Oct 1862
            Biddy 2 Jul 1865
            Maurice 1869
            Mary May 1870; she is buried in one of the gtraves owned by the John Cassidy Family

            I know Mary and Alice come to NY.

            They are related some way to my two Greenpoint [Brooklyn] Cassidys.

            Family One:
            John Cassidy arriving before 1870 b. 1824
            Catherine his wife arriving 1870 b. 1822
            John arrives with mother and siblings b. 1851
            Patrick arrives with his father b. 1859
            Catherine
            Michael
            Rose
            Mary

            Family two:
            Michael Cassidy b. Nov. 1865 father Patrick Cassidy mother Anna Finan
            Michael marries Elizabeth McAuley in Brooklyn he work briefly in Patrick Cassidys [son of the abpve John] bar.