Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [officialcassidyclan] Re: Traveling to Ireland

Expand Messages
  • Sheryl Cassity
    Hi Linda, As a Cassity by marriage I have been searching the family line also. Last summer my husband and I and four of his siblings and spouses went to
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 6, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Linda,
      As a Cassity by marriage I have been searching the family line also. Last summer my husband and I and four of his siblings and spouses went to Ireland. We did not go to Fermanagh because we were with a tour group and there wasn't time allowed for it. However when we were in Dublin we did find a pub called Cassidy's. It was a wonderful place--- you might want to check it out. Congratulations on your marriage and have a great time in Ireland. We loved it!!
       
      Sheryl McClain Cassity

      --- On Fri, 7/31/09, linda lippert <lindaglippert2000@...> wrote:

      From: linda lippert <lindaglippert2000@...>
      Subject: Re: [officialcassidyclan] Re: Traveling to Ireland
      To: officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 3:38 AM

       
      Dear Monica.
       My family name is Cassity can you tell me if there was a name change down the line. Thanks.     My family the ones I know are mostly around Alabama...    Thanks.  linda
       
      lindaglippert2000@ yahoo.com

      --- On Thu, 7/30/09, Monica Douglas <madouglas77@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      From: Monica Douglas <madouglas77@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: Re: [officialcassidycla n] Re: Traveling to Ireland
      To: officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 1:30 PM

       
      Wow! That would be wonderful!! And such an honor!

      We will be leaving Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday 10/10 and will arrive in Dublin Sunday morning. We will be staying the night in Dublin and then plan to drive to Cavan Monday morning. In Cavan we will be at Cabra Castle in Kingscourt(? )We had planned on staying in Cavan for at least 2 days before moving on. After finding out more about Fermanagh we may switch around our original plan in order to visit Devenish Island.

      Wait until I tell my mom and aunts! They are already so jealous that we are going to Ireland, but to meet another Cassidy will just put them over the edge!

      Monica

      --- On Thu, 7/30/09, nualacw <nualacw@yahoo.. com> wrote:

      From: nualacw <nualacw@yahoo. com>
      Subject: [officialcassidycla n] Re: Traveling to Ireland
      To: officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 5:02 AM

       

      -Dear Monica,

      I am delighted to hear that you have choosen to spend your honeymoon in Ireland. I live in Co. Armagh but spend quite a bit of time in Co Cavan as I have a sister living there. I travel through the area you seek every time I go to visit my sister in Bailieborough. Knockbride is half way between Coothill and Bailieborough.
      I would be very glad to meet you in Co. Cavan, visit the site of your family, and explain the broader Cassidy Clan History.

      Nuala

      -- In officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com, Rick Cassidy <reccola49@. ..> wrote:
      >
      > Hey, Congrats first on the honneymoon! Awesome!!!  The Cassidy Clan started in couty Fermanaugh and several of them then migrated down to County Cavan and they were succesful farmers
      same family but not the originals. Look up BalliCassidy, not sure of the spelling But our family ownes a pub there and the Cassidy Castle and the the Graveyard also. From what I understand the pub is also a bed and breakfast but don't hold me to that. Good luck!
      >
      > Rick Cassidy
      >
      > --- On Wed, 7/29/09, Monica Douglas <madouglas77@ ...> wrote:
      >
      >
      > From: Monica Douglas <madouglas77@ ...>
      > Subject: [officialcassidycla n] Traveling to Ireland
      > To: officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com
      > Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:06 PM
      >
      >
      >  
      >
      >
      >
      > My husband and I are traveling to Ireland this October for our honeymoon. I was hoping to explore more of my
      Cassidy heritage while there. I have a genealogy report showing Generation No. 1 starting with Teelan Cassidy. Most all of the Cassidy's shown on the report lived in Annafarney, Knockbride, Co. Cavan. I visited the Cassidy Clan website and it shows the Cassidy's originating in Fermanagh.
      > We had planned on staying in Co. Cavan for 2 days based on the fact that this is where the Cassidy family farm is/was.
      > I would love it if someone could help me figure this out. Obviously the easiest answer would be that its just a totally different Cassidy. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
      >



    • mwcassidy@sbcglobal.net
      ... Irvinestown is your stop on the way to Devenish, try Central Bar ,it s right out of an old movie, (beer is cold also )Have fun. Mark W Cassidy
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 8, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com, Monica Douglas <madouglas77@...> wrote:
        >
        > Wow! That would be wonderful!! And such an honor!
        >
        > We will be leaving Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday 10/10 and will arrive in Dublin Sunday morning. We will be staying the night in Dublin and then plan to drive to Cavan Monday morning. In Cavan we will be at Cabra Castle in Kingscourt(?)We had planned on staying in Cavan for at least 2 days before moving on. After finding out more about Fermanagh we may switch around our original plan in order to visit Devenish Island.
        >
        > Wait until I tell my mom and aunts! They are already so jealous that we are going to Ireland, but to meet another Cassidy will just put them over the edge!
        >
        > Monica
        >
        >
        > --- On Thu, 7/30/09, nualacw <nualacw@...> wrote:
        >
        >
        > From: nualacw <nualacw@...>
        > Subject: [officialcassidyclan] Re: Traveling to Ireland
        > To: officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com
        > Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 5:02 AM
        >
        >
        >  
        >
        >
        >
        > -Dear Monica,
        >
        > I am delighted to hear that you have choosen to spend your honeymoon in Ireland. I live in Co. Armagh but spend quite a bit of time in Co Cavan as I have a sister living there. I travel through the area you seek every time I go to visit my sister in Bailieborough. Knockbride is half way between Coothill and Bailieborough.
        > I would be very glad to meet you in Co. Cavan, visit the site of your family, and explain the broader Cassidy Clan History.
        >
        > Nuala
        >
        > -- In officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com, Rick Cassidy <reccola49@ ..> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey, Congrats first on the honneymoon! Awesome!!!  The Cassidy Clan started in couty Fermanaugh and several of them then migrated down to County Cavan and they were succesful farmers
        > same family but not the originals. Look up BalliCassidy, not sure of the spelling But our family ownes a pub there and the Cassidy Castle and the the Graveyard also. From what I understand the pub is also a bed and breakfast but don't hold me to that. Good luck!
        > >
        > > Rick Cassidy
        > >
        > > --- On Wed, 7/29/09, Monica Douglas <madouglas77@ ...> wrote:
        > >
        > >
        > > From: Monica Douglas <madouglas77@ ...>
        > > Subject: [officialcassidycla n] Traveling to Ireland
        > > To: officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com
        > > Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:06 PM
        > >
        > >
        > >  
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > > My husband and I are traveling to Ireland this October for our honeymoon. I was hoping to explore more of my
        > Cassidy heritage while there. I have a genealogy report showing Generation No. 1 starting with Teelan Cassidy. Most all of the Cassidy's shown on the report lived in Annafarney, Knockbride, Co. Cavan. I visited the Cassidy Clan website and it shows the Cassidy's originating in Fermanagh.
        > > We had planned on staying in Co. Cavan for 2 days based on the fact that this is where the Cassidy family farm is/was.
        > > I would love it if someone could help me figure this out. Obviously the easiest answer would be that its just a totally different Cassidy. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
        > >
        >
        Irvinestown is your stop on the way to Devenish, try Central Bar ,it's right out of an old movie, (beer is cold also )Have fun.
        Mark W Cassidy
      • Monica Douglas
        Hello Nuala, My husband and I will be arriving in Dublin this Sunday around 10am. We will be driving to Co.Cavan Monday morning and will be there through
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 9, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          Hello Nuala,
          My husband and I will be arriving in Dublin this Sunday around 10am. We will be driving to Co.Cavan Monday morning and will be there through Wednesday morning. We will be staying at Cabra Castle both nights. If you are still available I would love to meet with you. I am not sure if our cell phones will work there so let me know the best way to get in contact with you if you are able to meet us. You can also try my husbands cell phone but I will assume it will be an international call. His # is 404.213.2533. You can also email us and he will receive the message on his cell phone if that is easier. His email address is ellised15@....
          I hope that you are still available and I look forward to meeting you.
          Take care,
          Monica

          --- On Thu, 7/30/09, nualacw <nualacw@...> wrote:

          From: nualacw <nualacw@...>
          Subject: [officialcassidyclan] Re: Traveling to Ireland
          To: officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 5:02 AM

           
          -Dear Monica,

          I am delighted to hear that you have choosen to spend your honeymoon in Ireland. I live in Co. Armagh but spend quite a bit of time in Co Cavan as I have a sister living there. I travel through the area you seek every time I go to visit my sister in Bailieborough. Knockbride is half way between Coothill and Bailieborough.
          I would be very glad to meet you in Co. Cavan, visit the site of your family, and explain the broader Cassidy Clan History.

          Nuala

          -- In officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com, Rick Cassidy <reccola49@. ..> wrote:
          >
          > Hey, Congrats first on the honneymoon! Awesome!!!  The Cassidy Clan started in couty Fermanaugh and several of them then migrated down to County Cavan and they were succesful farmers same family but not the originals. Look up BalliCassidy, not sure of the spelling But our family ownes a pub there and the Cassidy Castle and the the Graveyard also. From what I understand the pub is also a bed and breakfast but don't hold me to that. Good luck!
          >
          > Rick Cassidy
          >
          > --- On Wed, 7/29/09, Monica Douglas <madouglas77@ ...> wrote:
          >
          >
          > From: Monica Douglas <madouglas77@ ...>
          > Subject: [officialcassidycla n] Traveling to Ireland
          > To: officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com
          > Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:06 PM
          >
          >
          >  
          >
          >
          >
          > My husband and I are traveling to Ireland this October for our honeymoon. I was hoping to explore more of my Cassidy heritage while there. I have a genealogy report showing Generation No. 1 starting with Teelan Cassidy. Most all of the Cassidy's shown on the report lived in Annafarney, Knockbride, Co. Cavan. I visited the Cassidy Clan website and it shows the Cassidy's originating in Fermanagh.
          > We had planned on staying in Co. Cavan for 2 days based on the fact that this is where the Cassidy family farm is/was.
          > I would love it if someone could help me figure this out. Obviously the easiest answer would be that its just a totally different Cassidy. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
          >


        • nualacw
          Just to give you an update on this posting.. I had the very great pleasure of bringing Monica and her new husband, Eric, to Monicas ancestral homeland in
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2009
          • 0 Attachment
            Just to give you an update on this posting..
            I had the very great pleasure of bringing Monica and her new husband, Eric, to Monicas ancestral homeland in Co.Cavan on the 12th October. I had not only located the house and lands at Annafarney but had also found living relatives for them to meet. Joe and Peggy Cassidy welcomed Monica and Eric into their home as long lost cousins and were able to fill in all the blanks in the Family Tree.

            This is another good reason for joining and supporting the Official Cassidy Clan.

            --- In officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com, Monica Douglas <madouglas77@...> wrote:
            >
            > Thank you. I have a 12 page genealogy report that seems fairly thorough. However it is extremely confusing to say the least! I am most interested in seeing the Cassidy Farm. I have pictures with the report that show it and under the pictures it reads: Cassidy Farm, Annafarney Knockbridge (or Knockbride) Cavan 1800-1978. I have Googled Annafarney Knockbridge Cavan and can not find anything. In fact, it lists very little of the Cassidys. But the report shows the Cassidys dating back to 1780 in Cavn. If I am reading it correctly, my great great grandfather would have been Henry Cassidy II (3rd gen). He was born in 1840 in Annafarney, Knockbride, Cavan and died 12/20/1903 in Cavan. He married Mary O'Reilly and she died 09/09/1897 in Cavan. My great grandfather would have been Michael Cassidy (4th gen) born in 1874, Cavan, and married Anna McTiernan in 1910. One of their daughters, my grandmother, was Ann Marie Cassidy (gen 5).  
            >  
            >  
            > --- On Wed, 7/29/09, Dearing Margaret - mdeari <Margaret.Dearing@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            > From: Dearing Margaret - mdeari <Margaret.Dearing@...>
            > Subject: RE: [officialcassidyclan] Traveling to Ireland
            > To: officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com
            > Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 2:10 PM
            >
            >
            >  
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > My branch of the Cassidy Clan came from County Galway.  I wish I could see the genealogy that takes it back to County Fermanagh.  I’m sure it does.  My granddaddy immigrated from Ireland to the US when he was a teenager, and he frequently told stories that match exactly to the background I’m hearing about the Clan from this group.  He told me the Cassidy’s were known to be physicians to the kings.  He also told me about the Coat of Arms.  So, we have to be connected but I don’t know how.  Anybody?
            >  
            >
            >
            > From: officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com [mailto:officialcas sidyclan@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Monica Douglas
            > Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:06 AM
            > To: officialcassidyclan @yahoogroups. com
            > Subject: [officialcassidycla n] Traveling to Ireland
            >  
            >  
            >
            >
            >
            > My husband and I are traveling to Ireland this October for our honeymoon. I was hoping to explore more of my Cassidy heritage while there. I have a genealogy report showing Generation No. 1 starting with Teelan Cassidy. Most all of the Cassidy's shown on the report lived in Annafarney, Knockbride, Co. Cavan. I visited the Cassidy Clan website and it shows the Cassidy's originating in Fermanagh.
            > We had planned on staying in Co. Cavan for 2 days based on the fact that this is where the Cassidy family farm is/was.
            > I would love it if someone could help me figure this out. Obviously the easiest answer would be that its just a totally different Cassidy. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
            >
            > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *********
            > The information contained in this communication is confidential, is
            > intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally
            > privileged.
            >
            > If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
            > hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
            > communication is strictly prohibited.
            >
            > If you have received this communication in error, please resend this
            > communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy
            > of it from your computer system.
            >
            > Thank You.
            > ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *
            >
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.