GRAND CASSIDY CLAN REUNION TWEED ONTARIO CANADA AUG 8-10 2008

  • russandmarlene
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2008
      Update: We are pleased to announce that Richard Hughes of the Quinte
      Branch of the Ontario Genealogy Society has been added to the list of
      speakers at the Cassidy Genealogy Seminar to be held on Friday Aug 8th
      2008 . This event will be the kickoff to the weekends celebrations and
      will be now held in the display area ( Hockey arena in Tweed.) For
      those with Cassidy Reunion tickets, admission is free, for those only
      wanting to attend the Canadian Irish seminar, tickets are $10.. and
      these proceeds will be donated to the Tweed and Area Heritage Centre,
      40 Victoria Street North, Tweed Ontario Canada . Celtic band "Crooked
      Wood" will be playing in the "Cassidy Pub" (curling rink ) from 12 noon
      to 5 p.m. Saturday Aug 9th 2008. All should bring their latest family
      records on births deaths etc for our history updates. Thankyou..Russ
      Cassidy, Reunion Committee.
    • Stephen Cassidy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2008
        Russ and all,

        I hope the reunion is a great success.  It sounds like it will be a lot of fun.  I appreciate the time and energy you must be putting in to organize and promote the event.  Please post some photos from it on the photos page of our Yahoo group.  Also, if you have relevant documents - such as a history of Cassidys in Canada - that would be a great addition to the Cassidy Clan website.

        That noted, I say this to you and all members of the discussion group - in the future let's avoid any conflict between family Cassidy rallies and the official Cassidy Clan rally in Ireland.  The Clan hosts its rally  - usually the first weekend in August - every three years.   We all benefit by having the Cassidy Clan organization grow in order to sustain its mission and activities and functions.  The rally in Ireland is key to the success of the Clan.  I hope your family will be able to participate in the future.

        All the best,

        Stephen