found a living cassidy who works

  • judiann22
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2007
      just found a nice New book for america in the IU libray called the
      History of County Derry
      by s mac mahon

      unfortunately this is not yet a series of all the countys only this
      one from 2004 and a history of county galway by o dowd. got a lot out
      of both and emailed gill macmillan that we would like more of this
      county series. anyway the conductor of the derry orchestra is paul
      cassidy so i guess all that doctoring paid off finally.
      since no one can find that old sarah who married my great grandfather
      owen I blieve it was guess will have to come over and look for myself
      someday. the problem is money are all the cassidys rich but me!
      anyway am bringing my Colman tent which cost 29.00 here expecting the
      tent of the british empire would run somethin like 500 lps and weigh
      as much the problem is its orange so that creats a delema but i will
      fly the stars and stripes on top of it as i go about the state parks
      dont think would be safe out along the roadway as not dying of feaver
      or starvation and would probably get robbed for my rich yankee foods
      i might have.
      there is no way i would spend a bill a nite for a sleeping pad even
      here so its b and b for me and the tent. Orange with the tricolor
      might go in the republic but I think the stars and stripes will have
      to be flown in the 6 counties.
      Well as not a cassdy in sight dea mein judiann
    • casman1954
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2007
        --- In officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com, "judiann22"
        <judiann22@...> wrote:

        > just found a nice New book for america in the IU libray called the
        > History of County Derry
        > by s mac mahon
        >
        > unfortunately this is not yet a series of all the countys only this
        > one from 2004 and a history of county galway by o dowd. got a lot
        out
        > of both and emailed gill macmillan that we would like more of this
        > county series. anyway the conductor of the derry orchestra is paul
        > cassidy so i guess all that doctoring paid off finally.
        > since no one can find that old sarah who married my great
        grandfather
        > owen I blieve it was guess will have to come over and look for
        myself
        > someday. the problem is money are all the cassidys rich but me!
        > anyway am bringing my Colman tent which cost 29.00 here expecting
        the
        > tent of the british empire would run somethin like 500 lps and
        weigh
        > as much the problem is its orange so that creats a delema but i
        will
        > fly the stars and stripes on top of it as i go about the state
        parks
        > dont think would be safe out along the roadway as not dying of
        feaver
        > or starvation and would probably get robbed for my rich yankee
        foods
        > i might have.
        > there is no way i would spend a bill a nite for a sleeping pad even
        > here so its b and b for me and the tent. Orange with the tricolor
        > might go in the republic but I think the stars and stripes will
        have
        > to be flown in the 6 counties.
        > Well as not a cassdy in sight dea mein judiann

        Hi IM a Cassidy from Derry!! doing a bit of digging and seam to have
        lost a few relatives who may have gone to the US
      • judiann22
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2007
          --- In officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com, "casman1954" <casman@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In officialcassidyclan@yahoogroups.com, "judiann22"
          > <judiann22@> wrote:
          > >
          > > just found a nice New book for america in the IU libray called
          the
          > > History of County Derry
          > > by s mac mahon
          > >
          > > unfortunately this is not yet a series of all the countys only
          this
          > > one from 2004 and a history of county galway by o dowd. got a lot
          > out
          > > of both and emailed gill macmillan that we would like more of
          this
          > > county series. anyway the conductor of the derry orchestra is
          paul
          > > cassidy so i guess all that doctoring paid off finally.
          > > since no one can find that old sarah who married my great
          > grandfather
          > > owen I blieve it was guess will have to come over and look for
          > myself
          > > someday. the problem is money are all the cassidys rich but me!
          > > anyway am bringing my Colman tent which cost 29.00 here expecting
          > the
          > > tent of the british empire would run somethin like 500 lps and
          > weigh
          > > as much the problem is its orange so that creats a delema but i
          > will
          > > fly the stars and stripes on top of it as i go about the state
          > parks
          > > dont think would be safe out along the roadway as not dying of
          > feaver
          > > or starvation and would probably get robbed for my rich yankee
          > foods
          > > i might have.
          > > there is no way i would spend a bill a nite for a sleeping pad
          even
          > > here so its b and b for me and the tent. Orange with the tricolor
          > > might go in the republic but I think the stars and stripes will
          > have
          > > to be flown in the 6 counties.
          > > Well as not a cassdy in sight dea mein judiann
          > >
          > Hi IM a Cassidy from Derry!! doing a bit of digging and seam to
          have
          > lost a few relatives who may have gone to the US

          I dont find any cassidy in the US that i know about that came here
          with the group Im from but there are some here in townthat spell the
          name cassady I think they are inthe electric business. in fact i
          thought the cassidys were from fermanagh and were doctors to the
          maguires or something. would be interesed in finding out some of the
          history from over there. what we have here inthe US university
          librarys are a lot of gaelic revival stuff and the lady gregory and
          yeats stuff but not much on curent events or people. so probably the
          cassidy relatives that i might have from my great grandmother sarah
          who married owen donnelly i think or maybe it was his twin pat and
          owen was the father of these two had 12 kids one of whom was my
          grandmother sarah donnelly all gossip appreciated dea mein judi ann