Remember the lock-in movie?...

  • Sailor Joon
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 7, 2002
      Rachel, I know you'll find this interesting!

      Monday night me & Paul went to see "Signs" (not as
      great as I hoped) and they showed a preview for a new
      movie! Remember that Japanese horror movie Rachel
      brought to the lock-in about the videotape that if you
      watched it, 7 days later you'd die? Well someone else
      must've seen it & thought it was a good idea cuz it's
      been remade for America! It's called "the Ring"! Neat,
      huh? Looks practically the same, but it's probably
      been glamourized, a la Hollywood style. Anyways,
      thought I should let y'all know cuz dammit I thought
      it was cool.

      See y'all at NekoCon! Or whenever.
      Sailor Joon *^_^*

      http://health.yahoo.com
    • chilchix
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 7, 2002
        the ring? uh...its not the Lord of the Ring...is it?
        cuz...um...nevermind, what is this movie "the ring" anyway? dose it
        has anything to do with Tolkien? i'm kinda in a crazed LOTR fan right
        now...sorry, anything "ring" will make me tick...
        --m-(-_-)-m-- --m-(^.^)-m--
      • Sailor Joon
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 8, 2002
          Lily! You crazy! No, it's not LOTR & has nothing to do
          with Tolkien. It was a Japanese horror film. Very
          creepy especially when...hoho! I'm not gonna give it
          away for those who don't know. ;)

          But I can understand the LOTR obsession. We got the
          DVD (which came with a free poster/map!) and Paul got
          the trilogy book. I can't wait for the next movie.

          Anyways. Me. Nekocon. I'm there. Not sure if I'll
          dress up. We'll see.

          ciao.
          Sailor Joon *^_^*

          PS. Anyone interested in seeing the Jackass movie?...
          PSS. Anyone interested in a Ramna 1/2 promo poster
          thing? I got it a while back. It's got Ramna 1/2 (with
          girl Ramna holding P-chan) on one side and a character
          from Ceres on another. Plus, inside (it opens up)
          there's info on different Viz comics. The Ramna &
          Ceres sides make nice posters. Anyone?...

          HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
          http://www.hotjobs.com
        • xvinuyashavx
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 8, 2002
            I'm going to try and dress up for Nekocon. I've got a costume planned
            and I have several options of seamtresses I can commission it
            through. I would make my own, but can't sew and no sewing machine.
            Don't be surprised if I don't have a costume though. It all depends
            on several factors, not limited to finding the cashflow to pay for it.

            Ja ne,
            JH
          • rob3mars1
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 9, 2002
              I guess no ones interested in my costume. And after all the work I
              put into it :(

            • DarkJediSS@AOL.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 9, 2002
                I'm interested! Remember, I have the Sailor Mercury outfit! =D
              • Robert West
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 10, 2002
                  I'd be happy to show it to you ^_^

                  Just dont ask me to wear it to odu lol

                  --- DarkJediSS@... wrote:
                  > I'm interested! Remember, I have the Sailor Mercury
                  > outfit! =D

                  HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
                  http://www.hotjobs.com
                • Gregory T Eatroff
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 10, 2002
                    Aw, don't be a wimp. I've shown up in costume on campus lots of times.
                    Halloween's only a few weeks before the con. Wear it then.

                    Risus est telum ultimum contra tyrranidem. Nullus dictator
                    exercitibus allibus suibus ridiculum vulgi longe resistere potest.

                    GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
                  • rob3mars1
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 12, 2002
                      Hmmmm???? Well maybe if the club does something on halloween night I
                      might wear it to that.

                      I probablyt wont have the wig yet but still might be fun to do it
                      with the crap wig I got now.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 12, 2002
                        --- rob3mars1 <rob3mars1@...> wrote:
                        > Hmmmm???? Well maybe if the club does something on
                        > halloween night I
                        > might wear it to that.
                        >
                        > I probablyt wont have the wig yet but still might be
                        > fun to do it
                        > with the crap wig I got now.

                        If you need help finding a wig, I can recommend a few
                        sites.
                        Also, if anyone is interested, there is a mailing
                        list dedicated to costuming that provided good
                        resources (once you get through the handfulls of
                        general costuming mail)^_^.

                        Emily

                        =====

                        "Logic won't help us understand, you know,
                        what it is that our hearts want."

                        HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
                        http://www.hotjobs.com
                      • Timothy Weaver
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 12, 2002
                          When are we going to start back meeting?

                          =====
                          "Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals and rule you like a king!" Sideshow Bob-The Simpsons

                          Member of the Sasami Appreciation Society ( http://www.capcorphq.com/SAS.html ) and Nuclearspace.net ( http://www.nuclearspace.com ).

                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 15, 2002
                            Hey when should we start requesting stuff for viewings?

                            I have a few requests I'd like to make.

                            --- In oduac@y..., Timothy Weaver <weaver_sas@y...> wrote:
                            > When are we going to start back meeting?
                            >
                            > =====
                            -----------------------
                            > "Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep
                            down inside you secretly long for a cold hearted Republican to lower
                            taxes, brutalize criminals and rule you like a king!" Sideshow Bob-
                            The Simpsons

                            > Member of the Sasami Appreciation Society (
                            http://www.capcorphq.com/SAS.html ) and Nuclearspace.net (
                            http://www.nuclearspace.com ).

                            > http://www.hotjobs.com
                          • kytyngurl2
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 15, 2002
                              --- In oduac@y..., "rob3mars1" <rob3mars1@y...> wrote:
                              > Hey when should we start requesting stuff for viewings?
                              >
                              > I have a few requests I'd like to make.

                              Go right on ahead... and don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Saint
                              Tail yet. :)

                              In answer to some other questions, the first meeting will probably be
                              the 1st thursday after classes start. Same time and same place. (Webb
                              Center, Isle of Wight, around 6pm). I'll let everyone know for sure
                              as soon as I find the dang schedule...

                              We will be doing group registration for NekoCon. And any other cons
                              everyone is interested in attending. This is one of the first items
                              of business for the new semester, in fact.

                              I'll keep everyone updated on the party. Seems likely to start after
                              the semester does... we'll make it early as possible though. I'd try
                              and rush it to be in the summer as planned... but this other way we
                              can do it better and get more folks to come. :) More info to come
                              later.

                              So ladies and gentlemen... start your requests!! :)

                              -Rachel
                            • DarkJediSS@AOL.com
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 15, 2002
                                Yes, finally, my schedule is that, I will be able to come to meetings on Thursday everyweek! Whoo hoo!