Of Katsucon and the New Year

  • David <Lonewolf0414@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2003
      Happy new year everybody! I hope you've all had a good break so far..
      I'm just wondering if the club is planning to go to Katsucon in
      Crystal City this year or if anyone would know this information.. if
      not, -is- anyone planning to attend Katsu?
    • Miles Prower
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2003
        I'll be there. With or without the club. Jen, Paul, and Kevin'll be there.
        That makes four. Before the club drops cash on the trip.

        -TS Kiriyama

      • DarkJediSS@AOL.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2003
          I would love to attend Katsucon, I actually was thinking ODUAC could actually spend money for a hotel room this time! ::Gasps:: Us, spending funding? Yes, with food! I will need to know who is driving there and if that person/persons would be willing to car pool.

          VP Sarah!
        • David <Lonewolf0414@aol.com>
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2003
            Wow.. if ODUAC would spend the cash on the room (I think with con
            rate and room tax, 2 nights, it'd be ~$265 plus room deposit..), it'd
            make the whole trip much less... painful... on the wallet..

            --- In oduac@yahoogroups.com, DarkJediSS@A... wrote:
            > I would love to attend Katsucon, I actually was thinking ODUAC
            could actually
            > spend money for a hotel room this time! ::Gasps:: Us, spending
            funding? Yes,
            > with food! I will need to know who is driving there and if that
            > person/persons would be willing to car pool.
            >
            > VP Sarah!
          • Sailor Joon
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2003
              Don't know about Kevin, but status is up in the air
              for us (Jen & Paul). Also, good luck trying to get a
              hotel room this late, if you want the con rate. There
              is a possibility of regular rooms still available but
              I don't know.

              Personally, I didn't enjoy Katsucon that much last
              year. It was practically just like Nekocon, except
              further away & more expensive. That's why we opted for
              alcohol & porn!!! ;)

              If the club could get a room & all that such, it would
              be a good thing for all involved. But again, Jen &
              Paul are unsure since we're planning 2 trips out west
              within a few months of each other. Anime isn't a
              current priority.

              jkt

              --- Miles Prower <tailzz@...> wrote:
              > I'll be there. With or without the club. Jen,
              > Paul, and Kevin'll be there.
              > That makes four. Before the club drops cash on
              > the trip.
              >
              > -TS Kiriyama

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • Kevin Mitchell
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 6, 2003
                I'm only going if I don't have to pay for a room. In
                my current situation, everything looks as if it will
                work out, as I'm playing bus driver and I get to sleep
                on the floor. Works for me.

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com