Tokyo Trip - Things Not to Forget

  • Luebbers CIV A M
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2012
      Things to Pack in Carry-on:
      Swim Suit
      Goggles
      Cap
      Towel
      Food - bring lunch for the plane ride and a pre-Atsugi swim workout snack.

      More Things Not to Forget:
      ID Card
      Extra swimsuits (1-2)
      Extra goggles (1-2)
      Extra Swim caps (we will pack extra team caps)
      Extra dry socks and warm clothes in case things get wet
      Sleeping bag to use at the meet
      Extra towels (2-3)
      Gear bag to carry things between lodging and pool
      Motion sickness medicine if bus or plane rides make you sick
      Money (dollars and yen)

      Clothes:
      You will spend most of your time during the meet weekend in very casual clothes traveling on the plane or at the pool in your team apparel. Bring clothes to wear in the swim venue (indoor pool, but still could be cool rooms):
      Shoes
      Socks
      Pants
      Shirt
      Hat
      Jacket
      And remember that things could get wet, so have a plan. A spare set of warm clothes is a good idea.

      Meals:
      We will have access to the Commissary on Friday, but it will be closed when we are on base Saturday and Sunday. You will need to make your own breakfast. Lunch is at the meet or within walking distance (there are a few Japanese places, a McDonald's, Starbucks, etc., but not a lot). Base restaurants will be open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.