Taiwan Deposit Due, 9/3/2009, 5:00 pm

  • odst@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2009
      Reminder from: odst Yahoo! Group

      Title: Taiwan Deposit Due

      Date: Thursday September 3, 2009
      Time: 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
      Notes: A non-refundable deposit of $50/traveler (both swimmers and non-swimmers) must be paid to the ODST Boosters by 1730 on Thursday 3 September. Payment must be made to a representative of the ODST Boosters during evening masters practice at the Foster 50m pool (1700~1800) Mon-Thu.

      We depart Fri AM 20 Nov, Return Sun PM 22 Nov. We plan to stay here: http://chientan.cyh.org.tw/eng/index.php

      This meet is open to youth and masters, no qualifying times, but swimmers will be expected to swim in at least 8 events over the day and a half meet, so be prepared to practice!

      Estimated total costs, including meet fees, airfare, ground transport, lodging, breakfast Sat/Sun, and award luncheon Sunday:

      Non-swimmer:
      12 & Older: $630
      11 & Younger: $530

      Swimmer:
      12 & Older: $650
      11 & Younger: $550

      The final payment will be due ~30 days in advance - 19 October - but until we have firm numbers that date is not set, either.

      Anyone that wants to stay longer will work that out on their own, we will arrange tickets for the team portion of the flight. For example, you fly to Taiwan with the team but want to stay longer - we will arrange your tickets to Taiwan, you will arrange your own coming home - you will only pay one-way to the team (one-way may be slightly higher). We are using Omega on Camp Foster, but please do not try to do anything with the trip and them yet, we have not finalized the details. Note: Omega does charge a $25 service fee, but it appears that the total cost of lodging, buses, and airfare are still competitive with other agencies for this trip.

      Some swimmers/parents indicated their interest in their swimmers going without a parent. That is not a problem, but they will have to speak with other parents going on the trip to have an adult watch over their swimmer. The coaching staff will not be able to do this; I do not expect it to be a problem, it has always worked out in the past, but everyone needs to be aware of that in advance!