File - Typhoon Policy

  • odst@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 32 , May 1, 2006
      - LAST UPDATED 31 August 2005 -

      TC-2 = Youth Swim Team canceled, pools "clean-up" (lane-lines stored, etc.).

      TC-1 = Masters Practice canceled, pools close.

      If we go into TC-2 during practice or during the bus runs:
      1. If a dedicated swim team bus has made pick-ups, they will stop at the pool, then deliver swimmers to their home destinations once the DOD/SAC buses have made their drop-off at the pool.

      2. If a DOD/SAC bus has made pick-ups, they will deliver the swimmers to the pool.

      3. Swimmers at the pool will be delivered to their home destinations.

      If TC-2 occurs prior to the regular bus pick-up from schools, the buses do not make pick-ups, swimmers should go home via alternate means (the same way they would on a Friday when there is no afternoon youth practice).

      IF A SWIMMER GETS ON A DOD/SAC BUS FOR SWIM TEAM PRACTICE WHEN THERE IS NO PRACTICE DUE TO TC-2, THE BUS WILL DELIVER THEM TO THE POOL. THE SWIMMER MUST BE PICKED UP FROM THE POOL BY A PARENT/GUARDIAN.

      TC-1 = Masters Practice canceled, pools close.

      TC-All Clear

      Clean-up procedures to re-open a pool after a typhoon can vary from a few minutes to a few days.

      Youth Swim Team resumes no earlier than 24-hours after All-Clear. We want to get back to practices as soon as possible, but realize that we cannot use the pools until they are in working order.

      If in doubt, contact the pool. Foster 25 - 645-7554, Kubasaki 50 - 645-9190, Foster 50 - 645-2120, Aquatics Office - 645-3180.
    • odst@yahoogroups.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 1, 2010
        - LAST UPDATED 30 Aug 2010 2010 -

        Is the pool open? Call:
        Foster 25 - 645-7554
        Foster 50 - 645-2211

        TC-2: Youth Swim Team cancelled, pools "clean-up" (lane-lines stored, etc.). If
        we go into TC-2 during practice or during the bus runs:

        1. If a dedicated swim team bus has made pick-ups, they will stop at the pool,
        then deliver swimmers to their home destinations once the DoD/SAC buses have
        made their drop-off at the pool. If a DoD/SAC bus has made pick-ups, they will
        deliver the swimmers to the pool.

        2. Swimmers at the pool will be delivered to their home destinations.

        3. If TC-2 occurs prior to the regular bus pick-up from schools, the buses do
        not make pick-ups - swimmers should go home via alternate means (the same way
        they would on a Friday when there is no afternoon youth practice). IF A SWIMMER
        GETS ON A DOD/SAC BUS FOR SWIM TEAM PRACTICE WHEN THERE IS NO PRACTICE DUE TO
        TC-2, THE BUS WILL DELIVER THEM TO THE POOL. THE SWIMMER MUST BE PICKED UP FROM
        THE POOL BY A PARENT/GUARDIAN.

        4. TC-1: Masters Practice cancelled, pools close. Pool may close earlier than TC-1 if weather conditions warrant.

        TC-All Clear: Clean-up procedures to re-open a pool after a typhoon can vary
        from a few minutes to a few days. Youth Swim Team resumes no earlier than
        24-hours after All-Clear. We want to get back to practices as soon as possible,
        but realize that we cannot use the pools until they are in working order. If in
        doubt, contact the pool. Foster 25 - 645-7554, Foster 50 - 645-2211, Aquatics
        Office - 645-3180.